Friday, July 3, 2009

Seeing God Move

It was one of my goals this week at camp to pull all the stops out to see God move. And boy has He moved!
Camp was absolutely amazing this week, I can't even really describe it. Phenomenal.
I was with my older girls and I had such a wonderful week spending time with them, getting to know them so that I could better understand their life and how to help them. They were the best cabin I have ever had. I saw God move in them, change them and set them on fire.
Pastor Jerry Ross was the speaker and he preached it just like it was and God worked on hearts. The altar was full every night, we had to call in more workers to pray with those teens at the altar. Like one of my girls said, "God knew exactly what I needed." And I can second that.
We saw 2 children saved, one who was told all her life that she was saved, but she couldn't remember. Numerous children make sure of their salvation. Teens were challenged in dress, purity, staying away from the enticers in your life or not being an enticer, on waiting for a mate, on being an over comer, on not quenching the Holy Spirit to the point of not hearing God move.
That message on the Holy Spirit and backsliding was amazing. God started a revival in that invitation. The teens from my church got broken about their ungodliness and worldliness and went together in groups and prayed at the altar. There were teens from other churches in there praying in groups, telling the Lord they were willing to be the ones to stand out and let God lead them and get on fire for Him. Our teen guys from Mt. Zion ran to the altar during the invitation and fell on their face before God pouring out their hearts. Let me tell you, there is nothing that will affect your heart more than hearing a group of teen boys on their face, sobbing, and getting things right with God. There was an energy last night after chapel. You could feel it in the air. You could see how broken they were, red eyed and runny nosed. What an encouragement to hear them speak about going home and getting all the teens to sit in the front row, to listen to preaching, to take notes, to go soul winning, to be the examples that could light our church on fire. Revival is coming and I'm excited! When you have teen guys signing younger teen books and telling them, "Don't make the mistakes I did. Stay close to the Lord. If you fall get back up.", you know there is a change.
After the service there were teen girls getting together in groups to pray for their youth Group, that God would help them to make a difference. Girls asking us to make them accountable, to make sure they are doing what they should be. I'm sitting here with goosebumps and tears in my eyes, I couldn't stop crying last night every time I thought about it. I've prayed for our youth group for so long, for revival to start in them and spread. And God answered.Camp this morning was a completely different place, it was holy ground. They make decisions that I believe will last forever if they are encouraged in them. But please don't stop praying now. Now is when Satan will pull out the stops to try to get them to fall and forget their decisions. It's tough to go home, all the outside world is at home. I drilled into my girls last night you will struggle, you will be tempted, and you will fall, BUT you must get up and keep running and finish the race of life for the Lord.
There is so much more to say but I'm out of time and almost wrote novel here already. I'll try to post more soon. Thanks for praying, it was because of you that God moved.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Davis, I'm so glad to hear this. It must have been amazing. . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome anna banana!!!! so gald to hear that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes we need to get together soon! my schedule is kinda packed through the end of July. . . August maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What you just shared, challenged me! God is so great and he specializes in changing the rebellious into vessels of honor. Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!