Monday, September 14, 2009

One Thing I Would Outlaw


In creative writing class, Lizzy thought about using the topic: If You Could Outlaw One Thing, What Would It Be? So I'll tell you what my choice would be.
Insincerity in Christians
Some one comes to you expressing their love for God and desire to serve Him, yet they turn around and continue in sin. Do they not understand? God cannot use someone who continually disobeys Him and His laws. Yes, I understand we all sin, but to say one thing and then deliberately disobey is a different situation. God longs for sincere Christians who say what they mean and do what they say. There is nothing so unnerving as someone talking nice about your God, then dragging His name through the mud. If I had the power to outlaw one thing it would be insincere Christians who fake their devotion to God.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you. It annoys me greatly when people try to act spiritual when really their focus is flirting or living for the world. It should serve as a reminder to us to live more dedicated lives for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!