Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Long Time - No Post!


This is a picture from our crazy adventure yesterday. Let me tell you about it...
We decided to go to the Smithsonian Museums yesterday with my relatives next door. We left around 7:30 to drive to Hunt Valley, to get on the light rail, then connect to the metro and go tot he museum. Well, we got to Hunt Valley around 8:30 payed for tickets, and rode the light rail where the worker told us. We got lost, and walked in the freezing cold wind until we made it to the real destination, Penn Station. At Penn Station we found out you can't ride the metro to Washington D.C. you have to take the other train which would have cost us $120. When we got back on the light rail we talked to a lady and she told us we could go to BWI, ride a transit bus, then connect to the metro and get to the museum. We decided to go back to the car and drive to D.C. and get on the metro there. By the time we reached the car it was lunch time and we stopped at BK for lunch. Then it was an hour to Washington. We got lost in the parking lot at Green belt and had to go back on the highway and around. Then we couldn't figure out how to work the ticket machines, so we missed the first train. We finally stood in the cold until the next train came and we got to the archives stop and walked some more in the cold. By this time it was 3 in the afternoon, we went in the Air & Space museum (boring!) and then in the Natural History (pretty neat, but billions of years old ;p) and then we rushed through the American history museum. Then once they closed at 7:30 we walked to the Washington Monument where I took this picture of the monument and the moon. It was a whole lot cooler in person but I thought it turned out pretty neat.
As for everything else going on, life has been a whirlwind of activities here. Family gatherings and church functions, the ever-going search for a job that doesn't exist for me, and the lack of blog access. But I've been doing well and definitely enjoyed the 20" of snow we had last week. The Lord was good to give us a white Christmas, it was the first one we had for a long time. God is good in providing things that I needed but mostly the things I didn't NEED but that I wanted. He is good to me. I heard a quote the other day that really clicked, so I'll close with that:
The moutaintops of our Christian life wouldn't be so wonderful
if we never went through the valleys.

Merry Late Christmas and a Happy Healthy New Year to you all!

2 comments:

  1. sounds like a carazy day!!! but the picture is awesome!!! were their any planes or or stars around?. . . just wondering. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a frustrating and totally awesome day! It sounded like so much fun. Shane and I just watched National TReasure and are now dying to go to DC! The pic was great and I enjoyed your story.

    Oh...I think you may be the youngest Grandmomma ever!

    I got the package. Thankyou so much! i have listened to the cd twice already. I loved everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!