Friday, January 29, 2010

The Latest in My Life

To the people who read my blog,
Yes, I am here to once again apologize for not posting since I’ve been at school. Life has been so busy, yet God has been so good.
I came back to school with nothing money-wise to put down on my bill, but I did have scholarships that took some money off my bill, so I came back to college trusting God to provide. I had a huge job opportunity to tutor for a tutoring company, everything looked great, it was amazing pay and it was something that I would absolutely love to do. So I began praying about it, and I was hired but the first student was over an hour away. Considering I didn’t have a car and that would be two hours in a commute once a week, I asked if they had any students closer. The Supervisor was really great, he completely worked with my schedule and said he had another student in Cecil county, about a half an hour away. But then I found out that it was only an hour and a half session once a week, by the time I would take out the money for tithing and gas there wouldn’t be anything left. So I continued to pray. I put out a fleece. I e-mailed the supervisor and told him I would need to be paid for 2 hours because of the driving and preparation. Then I began praying that if it was the Lord’s will for me to teach this little girl that the supervisor would agree to my proposition, and if not I knew it would be a closed door.
While all this was going on my dean of women had given me information about a family at the academy here who needs someone to baby-sit a couple days a month after school. So I was waiting to talk to another one of the college girls who was also interested. And I didn’t get around to it until this week. The other college girl decided not to do it, so it was all left to me.
So yesterday I went to check my e-mail and I received one from the Tutoring supervisor which said that the Mother of the 3rd grader wanted to put things on hold for now. So that was a “no” and I had absolute peace about it. Then that afternoon I called the family who needed a baby-sitter and she was so glad that I agreed to do the job. The one thing I was worried about was not having a car to take them home after school, but I decided to step out in faith and do it anyway. While I was talking to her she said that Her husband would be coming everyday to pick them up. I didn’t even have to say anything about it, God took care of it! He is amazing! The pay is above what I imagined and my Lord takes care of me.
So I think I will have my hands full this coming week and next week. I will be watching two twin kindergarten girls for the afternoon and picking up their little boy at 3:30. I am so excited! I love working with children and my mind is running wild with ideas to do with them. Not only has the Lord provided a job for me but doing something I love more then anything else in the world.
So I haven’t even touched on college and all the other things that have gone on but I think this post is long enough. I will post again soon!

4 comments:

  1. thats totally awesome possum, Anna!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I'm so happy to hear it, Twin! :) God always answers prayer. Always. And He blesses faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that the Lord is providing for you! It is amazing how He provides at just the right time! I was just getting to the point where I was going to have to figure out a way to make more money and He sent me four more students with the possibility of a couple more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome! Babysitting is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!