Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Life in the Busy Lane (and a cold one at that!)


Well I figured I needed to post again and state how my job is going. I absolutely LOVE IT! I am so blessed to be able to work with children, their creativity and energy inspires me. I do plan to post pictures of Emma, Ashley, and Mikey sometime soon. We’ve played in the gym, had snowball fights, played hide and go seek, read books, played Twister( you’d be surprised how flexible kindergarteners are!), and we did a craft on Friday that kept them and their brother Mikey busy for an hour and a half.
Over the weekend we got the big snow storm and we heard various ideas of how much we would get, anywhere from 10” to 33”. We ended up with around 24-28” and then the wind drifted it on Saturday. Sunday morning church was cancelled because of how dangerous it was and the parking lot wasn’t plowed until late Sunday afternoon. Lizzie and I went over the Becker’s house for brunch, we played the Wii some and then we all went sledding at one of the widow’s houses from the church. We had a good time but I didn’t have all my sledding stuff here so it was a little chilly. That night we did have church but it was only about 25-30 people there. Like I mentioned earlier college and academy classes were cancelled for Monday, so we used that as a day to get caught up on some things. And of course we made some good memories!
They are calling for another snow storm starting this evening and not stop until Thursday morning, bringing large amounts of snow on top of all the other large amounts of snow. So Brenda is leaving a day early to home and Lizzie may be going home for the night after work tonight. I may be alone tonight.
So that’s what has been going on. Well, all my classes and homework are still going on too.

3 comments:

  1. we SOOOOO need to have a snowball fight!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You went sledding out of a church window? I really need to see a picture of that next time it is attempted! Hope you stayed safe and dry through the latest blizzard, especially if you're alone in the dorm!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!