I can’t rely describe to you the feeling of walking through that impound lot thinking in my head, “I just want to see my Jeep, all my memories in it, I want to see it.” When we walked up both mirrors had been busted up, the front right headlight busted out, and a dent on the hood. When I looked in the car it was filled with, cigarette ashes, trash, lottery tickets, empty pill containers with no labels and it reeked of smoke and alcohol. But most of my stuff was still in it. All of my teaching supplies were still in there, the cast iron pans Gram had given me, my sunglasses, and a box of gift bag type things. My high school tassel and my mp3 player were gone but I was praising the Lord for the teaching supplies still being there. Rummaging through the garbage to look fro my stuff was disgusting, but in the process we found 3 stolen credit cards with 3 different people’s names. We took those with us to turn into the police station. After retrieving my stuff my Dad tried the key but it wouldn’t start and he said there was break dust all over the front wheels. He said they were just running it into the ground. It was so bad to see the condition it was in but I don’t think I could have handled driving it. My mom and I were talking and it was so hard to be so close yet not have it. So I am car-less but God is still in control and the situation could have been worse if we hadn’t locked our dorm door. I was able to spend the afternoon with my parents but it ended up sad. The State police wouldn’t own up to their mistake and we are out a car that belongs to us but God is still taking care me.
So I posted this in two separate posts so if you didn’t have time to read the whole thing you could at least get half of it down. Thank you all for praying! God is still on the Throne and His way is still best, even if I have a hard time understanding.
It's incredible that the police won't make things right for you! I'm still praying for you. God can do anything with this situation.
ReplyDeleteWow. What a crazy thing!
ReplyDeletebogus cops!!!
ReplyDelete