Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Protecting Hand of Our God

This took place a week and a half ago...
I haven’t posted because of lack of time and internet connection, but I know I need to. This week has been one of adventure and of watching God’s hand of protection. At the beginning of the week my cousin Luke was coming home from a friends house to take his brother to school. At one of the intersections he looked both ways twice and saw nothing so he pulled out and out of no where a truck came flying at him. As soon as he saw it, he jump from the driver’s seat into the passenger’s side- God sparing his life. The truck struck the driver’s side of his car and the side was crushed and pushed halfway into the driver’s seat- if the Lord hadn’t moved him to jump He would have been crushed, possibly taking his life. Looking at his car there is no way he should be alive, save by the grace of God. But praise the Lord he doesn’t have a scratch or bruise on his body! He knows Christ and saw God protect him.
Then On Thursday night on my way to work I was about 5 minutes from home, driving the speed limit, taking my time, and from the cornfield on my left a deer jumped out in front of me. It was so quick I didn’t have time to hit the brakes, I looked up and he was across the front of my Jeep. I was not hurt at all, but when I pulled over the front of my car was smoking and he had busted my headlights out. Needless-to-say my Jeep was hurt, Dad came and looked at it- the radiator was ruined, the fan covers were busted, and I needed about the whole front end. I switched cars and continued on to work and Dad towed the Jeep back home.
God was good though and Dad was able to go to the junkyard and get a whole front end and radiator which is all installed. But in the process of installing the parts the Power steering pump broke so, that also needs replaced before I can drive it. But praise the Lord because my accident could have been a lot worse. If the deer had jumped a little higher he may have slid across the front of my hood and through the windshield on me. I would say the protecting hand of God was on me that night. God is Good!

2 comments:

  1. God does look after His own. I'm glad you're ok. Keep on keeping on.

    For His purpose,

    Shane Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i have a steering pump laying around

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!