Friday, September 3, 2010

My Life in the Last Month...


I haven’t posted since I left for Mexico and so much has happened since then, so much God has taught me. I shall attempt to highlight the past month of my life.
Mexico was as wonderful as I knew it would be. I Loved every bit of time spent at Bearing Precious Seed El Paso. Brother Jack and Mrs. Cheri Jarvis are a blessing in every way, watching them minister, seeing their life and ministry struggles, listening to their stories of God’s power and provision, and having a great many laughs together was just what I needed. I had been struggling a bit over the summer with some things and needed time away to just spend encouraging myself in the Lord and being in Texas was exactly what I needed. I was able to be a “missionary” in the full sense, being in the kitchen hours everyday, cleaning the BPS building, Working the Puppet stage, Making sack lunches under the bus while praying for the meeting that was taking place, Understanding the heart of the missionary, fellowshipping with other believers and being an example to the groups coming in. I won’t lie- it was completely exhausting at times, but so worth it. There is nothing as fulfilling as serving the Lord. While there I was praying that the Lord would speak to me while I was there about missions and during a staff meeting the Lord spoke to me telling me to stop making excuses about the foreign mission field. He showed me that I need to walk toward the foreign mission field as if that is where God wants me and if it isn’t He will take care of that, but my job is to walk forward in faith. Thank you all for praying!
Which brings me to another big decision this summer. Switching my major at Bible College. Yes, I am crazy! I am a senior this year and I know one thing, you follow the Lord one step at a time no matter if you understand or not. I originally went to College for Elementary Education but took a large number of missions classes. Thank the Lord for that because Lord willing I will be finishing my senior year of Bible college with a Missions major. Then people want to know what I’m going to do after that- honestly, I Don’t Know! But I know who leads my every step of the way and knows my tomorrow already, I’ll let Him decide.
The Monday after returning home I once again returned to work. Praise the Lord for a job that I can continue in while I finish my schooling. I couldn’t ask for a better environment. I was able to pay off my existing debt at college before returning this semester, Jehovah Jireh! Besides that He has open the opportunity for me to teach violin lessons to possibly 4 families in my church. I am excited at the possibility of being used of God to develop talent in the lives of individuals for His glory.
School began the week after I got home from Mexico. I am able to commute 2 days a week and take Creation vs. Evolution, Ministry Tools, Bible Archeology, and 2 correspondence courses. We have already completed two week, but please pray for me as I commute, especially because of upcoming cooler weather.
New ministries are opening up for me at my home church. This Sunday I begin assisting in 4&5 year old Jr. Church. And this month I begin decorating a bulletin board in the church building. Ministry always abounds around you, but you must get up and do it!
With the coming of the fall season I am once again enraptured in the beauty of Autumn and tonight I realized something. I’ve begun a new season of my life and I am so excited to see where God is going to lead because I am enjoying every bit of it so far. I’m so unworthy of what God has given to me, I Am Blessed Beyond All Measure!

2 comments:

  1. here's to "new seasons" "TWIN"! ;) I love you so much! I thank God for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you took the time to write this all down! I'm sure it took forever, but it's good to know how you're doing. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!