Around 3 months ago I began a “friendship” with Matthew Parks from my church. One day I will take the time to post all that it involves and how it came to be, but for now it will be a short post praising the Lord for the friend and blessing He has given to me in the last 3 months. I recently read a book on relationships (one of many I’ve read!) by Mike Ray and Cary Schmidt called Just Friends and there are some quotes that completely make sense to me now and I am so thankful for the way God has lead.
“If you go with His plan, you’re going to love where He leads you.” (p.xix)
I have seen the hand of God every step of the way and I love where He has lead so far and where He seems to be leading. I didn’t even know such peace and happiness was possible. To know that this has been prayed about and know it is God’s will is amazing. There are some things that the Lord taught me through the book I mentioned and through the situations I have gone through in the past years.
“Choose God’s will over every friend, every attraction, and every desire. Keep your friendships in His will. It is possible to be attracted to another person and to keep that developing relationship in the will of God.”
(pp.87-88)
(pp.87-88)
This is truly what it is all about, loving God above all else and above everyone else. Every girl has dreams of “how it will happen” but when God directs and brings things to past, it’s so much better then we can even imagine!
I’ve longed all my life to have a relationship with that special someone and do it God’s way, in a way that God would look down on us, smiling in pleasure that we are following Him. Because of the lack of good examples in relationships to our teenagers, I asked that when my time came God would help me to be the best example I could be. I want the teens at my church to see that it is possible to do it right, all the way from the waiting period to the marriage altar. Something else Just Friends said was this:
“God’s philosophy is not about finding the right person. God will lead you to the right person. God’s plan is about becoming the right person. One reason to become the right person is so you will be attracted to someone with right qualities, and they will be attracted to you.”
(pp. 44,64)
(pp. 44,64)
I don’t claim to be anything special, I’m just a sinner saved by grace trying to live my life to please my King. I do know one thing- this point and person in my life was brought by the hand of God and I do not deserve God’s goodness, but I am ever so thankful for His blessings on me.
I will close for now and will strive to post again as soon as I can, but for now I’ll leave you with one final quote.
“When God intersects your life with the right person
at the right time,
All the wonderful desires of your heart
will be fulfilled by God’s good grace.”
(p.231)
at the right time,
All the wonderful desires of your heart
will be fulfilled by God’s good grace.”
(p.231)
So happy for you! :) I knew you two were meant for each other...hehe. It is definitely best to wait for the right guy in God's timing.
ReplyDeletewoot woot!!!
ReplyDelete=) SOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you, TWIN! ;) hehehe.... God is so awesome!!
ReplyDeleteNow, to what I desperately want to say, Matthew Parks and Anna Davis, get a picture up here, would ya? I don't CARE if you prefer nature... actually, nature is great AS A BACKDROP to the picture of you two! :)
Love you so much!
Hey. Happy for you!
ReplyDelete