Saturday, December 25, 2010

Biggest Suprise of My Life!

Yesterday was a wonderful day. I got home from work and did my normal stuff around the house. Around 1 we were planning on Matt coming over and making/decorating cookies with us. So we made cookies all afternoon with a few games of Mancala in between. After the cookie making business we ate supper and then rushed to get ready for the Christmas Eve Candlelight Service. The service was really good and we got to see some old friends that we used to go to church with. While on the way home (this includes Matthew) and Erin says, "we should take a walk in the woods tonight." I thought it was rather cold to be walking in the woods and we had already planned to watch It's a Wonderful Life and I had to make cinnamon rolls for Breakfast this morning. So when we got back to the house and changed they were still talking about this walk in the woods but Mom and Dad were wrapping presents and I wanted to watch How the Grinch Stole Christmas but Erin was really against the idea.
Finally my parents finished wrapping presents and came out and we insisting we take this walk in the woods, "we are starting a new family tradition". So we bundled up and off we went. We were goofing off like normal, trying to use flashlights to see because the moon kept hiding behind the clouds. My sisters and I were being our normal selves plus the added goofiness because of the excitement of Christmas. We were singing and such and we walked all the way to the race track in the woods.
Dad walked up to the middle of the track so we all wandered up there to and we all stood there in a circle. Matthew (standing beside me) says "Hey Anna, I brought one of your Christmas presents tonight."
Now he had been talking to my family secretly and having a lot of fun frustrating me with all the secret presents because I hate not being in on secrets. So after He said that he reached in his Carhartt coat, opens up a little box to display the most beautiful ring in the entire world in the moonlight that the Lord had allowed to come out from behind the cloud.
"Anna Davis, Will You Marry Me?"
He blew me away, I had no idea about the whole thing, they had managed to keep it a secret from me and it was the more wonderful thing in the entire world. It was so beautiful to see how God was in it all. I know you all are thinking WHAT DID YOU SAY!
I looked into his eyes and replied:
"I would be honored!"
Then he asked if he could put it on my finger and I let him. From what I could see in the dark it was beautiful. So we all decided it was time to walk up the hill and celebrate with hot chocolate. On the way up the hill my family told me how hard it was to keep it a secret and how they thought I knew.
After we got to the house Dad was saying how he didn't hear Matthew say he loved me, and he said, " I didn't know if I was allowed", and he told me "I love you!" and I returned the sentiments, finally relieved that I could tell him I Loved Him. We tried the ring on again because it was big, but it will be re-sized in the new year. He told me it is the only ring like it because he picked the band and built the ring himself. It's amazing! God is so good to Me!
So the following are picture of the ring, and we had planned to take pictures together today before heading to me Grandma's but he got sick (more than he was the night before) and I told him to stay home and get better. But I promise there will be pictures on here very soon.

Needless to say...It was the best surprise of my life and definitely the best gift of Christmas next to the birth of Christ. God has blessed me with the most wonderful man in the whole world, who I don't deserve, but God is a Good God and He only does Good Things!
P.S. Wearing an Engagement Ring it the most wonderful feeling in the Entire World!

10 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! I am SOOO happy for you guys! The ring is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS ANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SOOO SUPER HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gots a new daddy!!!!!!!!!!! Haha!!! oh I am so excited for you. I trust your judgment so I am sure he is wonderful! Oh the Lord has perfect timing when we just wait on Him. Your story will be one that is always remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the CHRISTmas engagement! Tell Matt I said way to go!!

    For His purpose,

    Shane Gordon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NICE! I shall call up Matt and congratulate him! That is so exciting! WOOHOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so awesome! It's been a long time since Victor died so I am glad you could find another guy. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Momma!!! Matt is a great guy, and he is incredibly blessed by God to have such a wonderful YOU! Your ring is perfect for you - simply beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations!!!!!! the ring is absolutely beautiful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, Anna! I am so happy for you. I came across a *very* old e-mail with your blog address on it, so I just got on to look! I will attempt to email you soon and fill you in on my life. Your ring is sooooo pretty :-) Rosalyn and I were admiring it. Thinking about you tonight ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!