Sunday, January 9, 2011

Flowers From My Sweetheart

So I sit here. A laid back Sunday afternoon, I'm surfing the web, catching up on previous posts on YLCF that I missed. I'm listening to peaceful, uplifting, Christ-honoring music, from the Herbster Evangelistic Team, eating wonderful dark Chocolate from my fiance (72%Cacao!) and looking at the beautiful flowers on my desk - a reminder of how good God is to me, to all of us. I know a year ago this isn't what I would have planned for my life, but it is so amazing to live as part of God's plan. I wake up with a full heart, I go to bed with a full heart. Why is God so good to me?
Like right now- As I write this the song New Every Morning came on my computer, talking about God's love and mercy available to us anew every morning. Don't you just love the faithfulness of God? That was one thing throughout my relationship with Matthew, it amazes me how much a godly relationship sanctioned by God is a picture of God's undying love for us. I never realized how you could have a relationship with someone that, in a small way, exemplifies your relationship with Christ.
We have confirmed the date and I am slowly reading up on wedding etiquette and plans. I want to have fun planning our wedding, enjoy every moment of it and not stress it. The Lord has been good in teaching me to just let Him help me and not worry about pleasing everyone else. I will try to post again soon, but I had to post some pictures









2 comments:

  1. Congratulations again to you and Matt! May the Lord bless you as you unite together to serve Him!

    P.S! I still need to call Matt! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I haven't been keeping up, completely blew me away! Love the pictures, and your ring is beautiful! Oh, how exciting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!