Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Have You Had Your Beauty Sleep?


We’ve heard people say it all the time, “I need my beauty sleep.”
Now we know that all the sleep in the world doesn’t make someone become more beautiful,
…or does it?
After working the one week and getting very little rest I began to think about that saying, but in a different light. I found myself becoming very irritable and easy to spout off hurtful words. Then I noticed I became more emotional and run down making me feel like crying or just falling in a hole and sleeping for days. (Yes, this was the point I was at!) So I looked at that saying with a spiritual light, what are you like when you are tired and worn out?
God’s Word tells us that we need to guard our heart because that’s what comes out in our action.

“Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life” (Proverbs 4:23)

If I am not taking care of my heart that will be evidenced in my life by my actions. And if I am not getting the proper amount of sleep I am not functioning well. Which means I am not understanding what I am reading in my devotions and when I try to pray I become weary and tired. You see the point I am trying to get to is that when I am not getting the physical sleep I need, I’m not taking care of the body God has given me. I cannot live my life to please the Lord if all that is coming out in my actions(the evidence of my heart) is ugliness. Thus getting the physical rest we need is helpful to being a beautiful woman of God, not for physical beauty but to be spiritually beautiful.
Remember that spending time with God is important, and spending that time with Him will bring spiritual rest also. Spiritual tiredness puts a strain on our relationship with the Lord and deprives us of the blessings that we could have
.
“Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10

So be sure to take time to take care of the temple of God that He’s given you, you may not become more physically beautiful with sleep, but it will help you become a more beautiful woman of God. Being alert physically helps you become more alert to the spiritual truths God has to show you. Are you getting your beauty sleep?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Davis. I needed to hear that today. I got to that point yesterday. Here I was worried about you overwhelming yourself while doing the same thing to myself. Thanks for the reminder!! I love you, and am so thankful to God for you! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!