
So I’ve been wanting to post for the last few days, but after what went on today it was obvious that the Lord wanted me to post today. While getting ready for school at work things morning, Mrs. Trump got up, creating less time for me to finish getting ready. As a result I wasn’t able to read what I wanted to in my Bible this morning and I only had a few minutes to read. So I read I Thessalonians 5 because I often need reminded of all the “small commands” mentioned here.
Once I left work and headed to school, I topped the hill and saw the most beautiful sunrise, and every time I see a sunrise I am amazed at the color and intensity of the sunrise. So I was driving, praying, eating my breakfast, and basking in the warmth of the orange sunbeams. I love that we have a real, living God, who created the world and continues to show us evidences of His creativeness.
Last night after talking to my Sweetheart I was once again reminded of how good God is to me, how He cares enough for me to work in my life, to bring a wonderful man and best friend into my life. And as daunting as it seems to think of being someone’s wife and caring for him like God wants me to, I know that I can cry out to God and He is the only One who can make me the wife I am supposed to be. I feel so overwhelmed at times to think of how God worked out my whole relationship and how God knew exactly how I need Matthew in my life, he is my other half that makes me whole. He’s my friend who I can be my silly self with but who I can also talk about spiritual things with and pray together. I am so thankful for the undeserved blessing that my Lord has given me in a lover.
Then in Pastoral Epistles today Pastor Silverman gave us another “piece of art”, a recipe. Now anyone that knows me knows I like to cook, and to me cooking is a type of art. But this recipe isn’t for physical nourishment, but for our spiritual. We were studying I Timothy 2 and spent an hour on verse one:
“I exhort therefore, that first of all,
Supplications,
Prayers,
Intercessions,
And Giving of Thanks,
Be made for all men;”
Pastor Silverman gave us a recipe for answered prayer, and now I give it to you hoping it will be a blessing to you like it was to me:Supplications,
Prayers,
Intercessions,
And Giving of Thanks,
Be made for all men;”
The Recipe:
Supplication - The attitude or desire to go where God is going, wanting what God wants.
Prayers - Asking of God, we ought to just want to spend time with God, just wanting God, nothing else. Praise is with your mouth, worship is with the heart.
Intercession - Unselfish praying, pleading on someone else’s behalf. God is pleased by unselfish praying. Jesus is the best example, besides Moses, Abraham, ect… Take yourself out of your prayer life, God knows what you need and He can take care of it.
Giving of Thanks - The difference between being thankful and giving of thanks- you can be thankful but giving thanks is expressing it. Everything we have is from Him, don’t lose focus of God’s blessings to you and thank Him for them. It’s great to be saved, but are you thanking Him for all those blessings of salvation? Thankfulness is an action and an attitude.
So this day, so far, has been full of pieces of art from God, and there is still half a day left! Life has been busy, I’m glad God gives us the small blessings of an hour long commute to school with beaming rays of sunrise that lasts for but a few minutes but will never be “painted” exactly the same way again.
I wonder why this post is so wonderful ... maybe something to do with when you wrote it... ;) Hehehe. :P
ReplyDelete