My Girlhood is a pleasant place
Where life and love abound,
For here it is that all I am
Is waiting to be found.
In play I spend an endless time
Where only I can go,
A child still inside the girl
A pure-white, budding rose.
My girlhood is a time for God,
His had, his voice, His face,
His steady stream of steadfast love
Within my days I trace.
I rest assured of this one thing
He’ll never leave my side,
For in my girlhood heart of hearts,
He always will abide.
My girlhood is all I need
To learn of servant-hood,
For here my Father and my Mother
Seek only what is good.
They take the time to teach me well
And help me understand,
That girlhood is a time of life
To lend a helping hand.
My girlhood is a priceless gift
A training ground, you see,
Where love for other, sisters and brothers
Will always be the key.
For God will cover my girlhood years
In all I do and say,
‘Til someday a woman I will be
When girlhood passes away.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!