Friday, November 18, 2011

Latest Update




Yes, I know I need to post the latest room of my house but I thought an update of my life would be more needed. Lots have been going on since I last posted about myself.
About a month ago I contracted what I thought was the flu, I felt achy and had a fever. At the tail end of that I caught my sister’s cold. This caused much inner drainage (sorry, that’s gross) and I got a sore throat, and became nauseous and have pain in my stomach. I was doing better, so I thought and attended our missions conference, before the last day of that(Sunday) we had the big snowstorm. On Saturday I was still having all these symptoms and it was snowing. We lost power at my house around lunch. Everything in our house is electric: stove, heat, water, everything. Our electric was out until Tuesday around lunch. My parents had lost power too but my Dad brought a generator from the college where he works. So most of the time we were over there because they had the heater running. Sunday morning we didn’t go to church, it was 50 degrees in my house and I still felt awful. That afternoon we went to Matt’s parents to shower and my throat was killing me, it hurt every time I swallowed even whole sipping something hot. Matt looked down my throat and my tonsils were covered with white spots, my whole neck was swelled from the glands and the lymph node in the back of my neck was bulging. My husband said I was going to the doctor.
The next morning I called and scheduled an appointment, still not having power, and they swabbed me for strep and sent me for the first set of blood work to check for mono. I had it done right away and picked up the amoxicillin. Through confusion at the doctors office I didn’t have all the blood work I was supposed to so that Friday I had more done. Then I received the phone call(s) from the doctor, The blood work came back positive for infectious Mononucleosis. They explained that what I thought was the flu was really the symptoms of the mono. And that Friday I also broke out in a rash all over my body, the doctor explain that was a reaction of the antibiotic with the mono, so I was to discontinue the medicine.
I had more blood work done to check the levels of my liver and such last Monday and this past Monday I had a follow of visit at the doctor where she checked up on everything. There is no medicine for Mono, just rest, fluids, and lots of time. Yeah, time. I have been struggling a little too because my body gets worn out easily and I’m tired a lot. It’s not bad being sick for a week and take it easy, but taking it easy for over a month is hard. I just want my body to get back to normal but like my husband recently reminded me, God’s ways are best and He knows what He’s doing. So, I have to go for more blood work in a month.
Before all this sickness came on I had been having headaches regularly for two weeks with out fail at 6 every evening. I had a eye doctor appointment made and found out I have one eye that is near-sighted and one far-sighted. Neither was terribly bad but my eyes couldn’t focus because the weren’t balanced. So the same day I picked out frames and received my glasses(they had my lenses in stock). I have to wear them all the time, but praise the Lord I haven’t had any headaches.
So I missed church for about 3 weeks and now am back but still not at 100 percent. Saturday morning my mom, sisters and I are headed to Harrisburg for the tractor pull we did last year. My sisters and I are going to be singing the national anthem again and helping register the tractor pullers. It’s going to be a very early morning, but last year I did it coming of a week long module at college. Boy, am I glad those days are over, but I am glad I had them.
Well I stop the story right now, but hopefully that explains my sporadic posting activity. I ask for your prayers as I try to “take it easy”, especially during the holidays coming.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you get better soon! When I had chronic tonsillitis the doctor always thought I had mono.. I had the blood work done for it about 4 times, but never actually had mono thankfully. I am also far-sighted in one eye and near-sighted in the other, must be genetic on our mom's side, haha. Sorry about the long comment. Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!!! I'll be praying for you for sure! Oh make sure you take a look at my page. posted pics of Christiana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I'm so sorry you have been so sick! We will be praying you get to feeling better! Love the posts on your house! It looks so nice, you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!