One of my favorite t.v. shows to watch is the Waltons. I love the earlier seasons more so than the later, but the more I watch it the more I notice the love between Grandpa and Grandma Walton. Now I don’t base my life on t.v. shows but I think that God can use anything to get your attention and teach you a lesson.
On one of the episodes the other day Grandpa made a comment to John Boy that Esther was a “well-seasoned wife.” Grandma was standing nearby and when John Boy left she walked over to Grandpa and demanded what he meant by that phrase. Grandpa’s words were priceless. “Like a fine tree, Esther, that’s endured all wind and weather and still stands in beauty.”
That line made me really think. I want to be a well seasoned wife for Matthew. I want to radiate godly beauty now and 50 years from now after we’ve weathered all sorts of trials and tests. I want to be the best wife I can be, filled with the Spirit and made strong by the power of God.
There are so many things I want to be as a wife.
- I want to be a wife like the Virtuous Woman that my husband can trust, that will bring him good all his life, that makes him known to all for the blessing he is, that cares for him. Proverbs 31
- I want to be a fruitful vine for him bringing beauty and fruitfulness into his life. Psalm 128:3
- I want Matthew to be able to rejoice in me, thanking God for bringing me into his life. Proverbs 5:18
- I want to be his “good thing” Proverbs 18:22
- I want to be a prudent wife for him, being wise with my time and resources. Proverbs 19:14
- I want him to want to cleave to his wife Matthew 10:7
- I want to please my God and my Husband in all that I do I Corinthians 7:34
- I want it to be easy and a pleasure for him to fulfill his command as a husband- to love me. Ephesians 5:25
- I want to reverence and honor him Ephesians 5:33
These are the guideline I want to follow to be the wife God wants me to be. In order to become that “well-seasoned” wife I’m going to need to gear up with the Word of God to survive the trials and tests that come.
You never know what God will use to speak to your heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!