I’m sitting here in my living room watching what was just flurries an hour ago now come down creating a whiteout as I look across the road. I splurged today. I stopped at Turkey Hill to get a phone card and grab mint chocolate chip ice cream which was on sale, 2 for $5, and you had to buy 2 so I grabbed something I’d been wanting to try: Coffee ice cream. So right now I’m sitting with a small bowl of coffee ice cream and watching it snow.
I’m praying my husband and my family all make it home safe. You see my family took a field trip to Philadelphia today, so I let the dog out around 1:30(when it was flurries). My husband, as far as I know is in Christiana, Delaware working on a Home Depot sign. They’ve been needing to do this job for a while but had some truck difficulties. The truck was finally finished at the garage yesterday, so today they were to hit the road, but by now the job is behind. He was pretty sure it was going to be a long day, and a late night. That reminds me of something I should share that the Lord taught me last week…
Matthew’s boss really wanted them to work on the Delaware job last week, Thursday and Friday. Yes, the Friday before Christmas. The night we had planned on going out and finish Christmas shopping together. Needless to say on Wednesday, when I found out I was really discouraged. The Friday before Christmas and I was going to sit at home by myself and wait for my husband to come home late. I’ll admit, I had a really bad attitude. I’ll let you imagine what was running through my head.
So Thursday, they were going to go but one of the trucks wasn’t running right. They thought they got it fixed. So, Friday they headed to Delaware. That same morning I sat in my living room doing my devotions, asking the Lord to forgive me for having a bad attitude, because He truly knows what is best for us. I went on about my day, last minute Christmas shopping by myself in a crazy environment. But I got a message from my husband in the afternoon, he was coming home a half-hour early.
I found out when I got home that the truck had acted up again on the way down so they spent the afternoon at the garage waiting for it to get worked on. They ended up leaving it there and coming back to the shop. The whole reason I was upset was because I was going to be by myself the Friday before Christmas. And the Lord flipped the tables, my Matt was coming home a half-hour early. My heart was awed by God’s goodness to me a selfish wretch. My God knew Wednesday that Matt wouldn’t be working late on Friday, he would be home early with me. Way to feel ashamed. So today, I’m o.k. Because I know my God knows what is best for both of us. So I sit here watching the snow, praying for safety. And I just finished the bowl of ice cream- it was tasty!
God is good! He encourages with little things and big things. I know I struggle with Todd's work sometimes. Just like this week actually. He has talked about working on Monday, which besides Sunday is his only day off. Sunday doesnt really count for us cuz we are always so busy. Makes it hard on me and I get a sour attitude. But the Lord is helping a lot this time.
ReplyDelete