Thursday, February 23, 2012

I Want To Be Like Soap Scum


Catchy, Right?
Maybe Gross,
But Maybe Not…
I don’t know if it is because I am now a housewife or what but when I read the Scripture I see different things: different words, different phrases, the acts of women in the Bible as they served. Anyway, I was reading through the minor prophets and came to the book of Haggai and as I read the 2nd chapter a certain phrase stuck out to me. I pondered and meditated on it for several days before finally taking time to sit and write. Here’s what the Lord taught me:


Haggai 2:2 “Speak now to Zerubbabel the son of Shealtiel, governor of Judah, and to Joshua the son of Josedech, the high priest, and to the residue of the people, saying,


This book concerns the completing of the rebuilding of the temple. Chapter two is Haggai encouraging them, namely: Zerubbabel, Joshua, and the residue, to finish the work, . These were the leftover people- most of the others had probably quit.


When I think of residue, I think of soap scum or baked on food in a pan- something that is stuck fast and requires much work to pry it loose.








(These are not my pictures, I googled them!)


Well, these people were God’s soap scum. They were stuck fast to the work of the Lord- the rebuilding of the temple. These were the faithful- not those who could easily be pulled away and distracted from God’s work.
What about me? Am I so stuck fast and faithful to the work God has given me that it would be hard to distract me or pry me away from that work. God loves those who are like soap scum- stuck fast to what He’s given them to do.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!