Now, like I said I’m not a fanatic but if I can prevent that in my children someday, then I’m going to do my best to try. No, I’m not going complete organic and “off-the-wall”. But I am learning to do some things differently. Like this: Homemade Deodorant.
Wait! Before you think I’ve lost my mind, let me explain. They’ve known for years that it’s not good to put aluminum in your body and pretty much all deodorants have that. Not to mention the aluminum in the deodorant mixed you your sweat causes yellow marks on you white T-shirts. Yeah, I know - Embarrassing! So I was on a website and found a recipe for removing those yellow marks(I’ll post that Another time) but there was also a recipe for deodorant. It’s super easy and you might even have everything in your kitchen.
2-3 T. Coconut oil (I would venture to say you could use olive oil, but coconut smells better)
1/8-1/4c. Equal parts cornstarch and baking soda
2 drops essential oil, optional ( if you don’t use this it will smell like coconut)
Step 1 - liquefy the oil in the microwave if it’s solid
Step 2 - mix cornstarch and soda in a bowl. Add oil until a paste forms, you may need to add more dry ingredients.
Step 3 - Store in an old deodorant container or a small ½ pint jelly jar. Now you can keep in in the jar and stir before you use( it will be more like lotion) or if you put it in the deodorant container keep in in the fridge and it will be like real deodorant. (I didn’t have an empty container or I would do this)
My sister tried it first and then I did and we both are satisfied. It won’t keep you from being wet, but you won’t smell and you won’t ruin white shirts that we all seem to go through so fast.
So I’m not fanatical but I do like cheap and knowing what is in the product I’m using. I’ll post the stain remover soon and we just made homemade softener yesterday(but I haven’t tried it yet).
Yay for homemade deodorant! If anyone reads this, I'm the sister who tried it first! It really does work!
ReplyDelete