Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas is Coming!

Well, I have been  busy, no doubt like everyone else. Yesterday was a big cookie making day and tomorrow will be another. There are presents to finish, violin lessons to be given, even more cookies and candies to make, a house to continuously clean, a Christmas Jr. Church party to plan and make things for (a birthday party for Jesus, because we have an alarming number of Children talking about Santa).
 Yet, I love this time.

 A time for laughter, while making cookies with my mom and sisters, 
because we had been decorating way too long. 

A time of dark living rooms lit up only by Christmas tree lights
 and the Christmas movie we happen to be watching. 

A time of music,
 silly Christmas songs to make us smile 
But songs of Christ's miraculous birth,
which frankly, I wouldn't mind singing all year round.

A time of giving,
 frantically trying to find the perfect gift for everyone.

A time of humble acceptance,
getting gifts you didn't think you'd ever get, 
including God's only Son.

A time of beauty,
 The lights, the frost, the snow I'm hoping for,
the nativities, 
an ugly dead yard can become beautiful with just a few decorations.
Our lives can become even more beautiful 
with a little change here and there.

I just love this time and soon it will be over again,
But many different memories will be made. 

Have a Wonderful Christmas,
 And many Blessing in this New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!