The Long Story
Well… This post is long overdue to those that read this blog. So much has gone on in such a small amount of time that I didn’t have time to write and post before it all happened. Where to begin…Hmm
Working Man and I have been praying since before we were married that the Lord would show us what He would have us do for Him. We were open to going anywhere in the world. On our honeymoon we went to the Smokey Mountains but stopped off to see our friends at Lighthouse Baptist Church for the Sunday evening service. We knew them from camp and Bible college and we enjoy fellowshipping with them. We left that night to head home, but we knew a seed had been planted.
We continued to pray about what the Lord would have us do, there were some other ideas we were praying about also. In July of this past year we came down on vacation and stayed in a cabin, visited the lighthouse, the battleship, the battlefields and other things. But we also visited with the people of Lighthouse again. Because of that visit Pastor Greene asked Matt to preach for their 5th Sunday service in September. So we traveled down again and used the prophet’s chamber to stay in. After that visit we began to push on doors and pray harder. We felt the Lord’s leading to become a part of Lighthouse and they had some printing needs that Matt could meet with his press. We began to search for a job and housing. Every Monday night we faithfully went to the library to use the internet. Many applications and inquires went out but we didn’t hear anything. The Lord seemed to be clinching up Working Man’s job in PA but there wasn’t any jobs opening up here. We learned it is hard to get a job without living in the area and you can’t rent a house without a job. Needless to say it was hard not to get discouraged and it was hard to wait on the Lord’s timing, but it is always best.
The beginning of this year Matt took off 10 days off of work and we came down to be in the area and drop off applications and scope out some of the houses we found. Nothing worked out from that trip. Two days after we got home Pastor Greene called about a promising job so Matt called and talked to the boss. He said to come down for an interview but he was pretty much hired. So the very next Friday night we left after Matt got home and drove down here. Saturday morning he had an interview, he was hired and we left to head back that afternoon.
Reality began to set in. I knew it was coming but now it was real. We were aiming to move down in 3 weeks. Three Short weeks to pack up my house and spend time with family and friends. You can definitely imagine there were emotions raging: happy, sad, excited, worried. But we still needed a house.
I continued to search on the internet. We were down to two weeks. I had started to pack the house but much more needed packed. I finally found a house that would work for us and was within our price range. I showed to Matt and he called that night but they were out of the office. So the next day I talked to them, they e-mailed an application, I filled it out, swung by Matt’s work to have him sign, then I went straight to the post office and over-nighted the application. They processed it the next day and we were approved, the house was ours, it was all a matter of what day to move. We found out later that if we hadn’t been so prompt in getting the application in we wouldn’t have gotten the house; the day after the got our application they received about 10 inquiries about the house.
To wrap up a long story we finished packing, loaded a trailer, and moved on the 11th. Matt started his new job this week and I’ve had to snoop around and find the best grocery stores and such. But we know that this is the Lord’s will and it’s such a wonderful place to be.
What an exciting story. :) So happy for you both. I'm sure you are so glad to be finished with all the packing and moving and to finally be able to relax. God is so good to us and it's so great to have His leading. God takes us on all kinds of adventures doesn't He?
ReplyDeletePraying for you and Matt as you settle in a new place and as you adjust with being so far away from family.
I heard about Matt's accident at work. Praying God gives him quick healing, as well.
Love you, Lizzie