Wednesday, April 24, 2013

How Do You Use Baking Soda?


Baking Soda, it's like this magical things. 
I know really it's not. Let's say versatile.
I was thinking of all the ways I use baking soda, 
besides baking, because that's obvious.

I'm interested in using things around the house that are cheaper
and are less harmful.
Like I've said before, I'm not a fanatic, 
just wanting to do what is best for the life God's given me.

I read the other day that it takes cleaners
 (and I would venture to say any chemical that touches our skin),
 26 seconds to enter your body through your skin 
and be absorbed into your organs.
AHHH! 

Just think on that for a while.
So my uses for baking sodey:

No this isn't detergent, I'm finishing what I have first, 
it's actually homemade fabric softener.
Ingredients:
Baking soda
Vinegar
Water
Essential oil
(I'll post this more in detail soon)



Stain Remover
Ingredients:
Hydrogen Peroxide
Dawn dishliquid
 and you add Baking soda once you squirt this on

 Deodorizing Monkey's litter box
I use the corncob stuff rather than the smelly, 
dusty rock stuff. 
I just sprinkle some baking soda
 in to help with smell.



 Clogged Sinks:
Baking Soda
Vinegar 
and a kettle of Boiling water after a few minutes.

Home made Toothpaste
My newest experiment, I'll post this recipe soon as 
I'm getting ready to make more.
You'll be hooked.
And until I post, research what's in store bought toothpaste.
Gross.

Ingredients:
Baking soda
Sea salt
Stevia
Cocoanut oil
Peppermint extract

Oh, yeah. 
I make homemade deodorant too.
Ingredients: 
Baking soda
Cocoanut oil
Cornstarch
 and essential oils

This was All I could think of off the top of my head.
How do you Baking soda?

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I had no idea it could be used for so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this kind of stuff is so popular on Pinterest right now. Mind if I post a link to your site on Pinterest?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Speaking of homemade deodorant...I'm having issues with mine. Did you put any extracts in it when you made it? Just wondering...

    Sincerely,
    Your sister and ally in baking soda stuff

    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so I will definitely be using the stain remover one. I have tried the toothpaste one with peroxide and baking soda and peppermint extract and it was super gross. I had a hard time wanting to brush my teeth. So I will try your recipe and see how it goes. I have made homemade laundry detergent too. Have you done that?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!