Friday, May 24, 2013

Homemade Croutons

My Husband likes croutons.
He won't very rarely eats salad if I don't have croutons.
They're not terribly expensive but I wanted to try and make them.
I don't eat croutons on my salad, but these were hard not to snack on as they cooled.
I roughly followed a recipe,
I mean come on, it's toasted flavored bread cubes.
I bought a pack of clearaced Bollio rolls at walmart for $1.18
I only used 3 of them and put the rest in the freezer.
My end result was about double what you get in a regular bag of croutons.
And I cubed mine large, like the Texas toast kind.
So here you go:


Melt 1 Tablespoon of butter
Mix with a Tablespoon of Olive oil
Add whatever seasonings you want,
 I used garlic salt, oregano, dry mustard.
I added some parmesean cheese to this and more at the end.


Stir you mixture together and toss with your bread.
Spread all in one layer on a cookie sheet and bake at 400 for 10-20 minutes.
Keep an eye on them. I also stirred them once.

They're making your mouth water aren't they.
They taste better than they look.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!