Thursday, June 20, 2013

!00 Things About Me


  1. More than anything else I want to do God’s will 
  2. I love the curly hair I have, even when it’s fuzzy. 
  3. I cried when I read my sisters 200 things about them.  
  4. I cry about every time I read my sister’s blogs.  
  5. I lived in Germany for 3 months 
  6. Outdoors is definitely the best place to be 
  7. The center of Colorado is the best place to live 
  8. But North Carolina is a close second 
  9. Both places would be better if family were near 
  10. Ignorance is not bliss- it’s foolishness according to the Bible 
  11. I love little kiddos 
  12. I miss teaching, watching minds comprehend and grasp the lesson 
  13. Bike riding is not my thing, especially after drinking Chocolate milk!
  14. I haven’t straightened my curly hair since finding out every time you straighten it two months worth of damage is done. 
  15. Herbal home remedies is something I like to study 
  16. Getting through Anne of Green Gables or Little Women without crying because I am without my sisters is a struggle. 
  17. A good cup of chai, hot or iced is wonderful 
  18. I like to read - what an understatement  
  19. I get excited when I get something new that is something old 
  20. The simple life really is the best life 
  21. The banjo would be fun to learn 
  22. I haven’t brushed my curly hair for going on SEVEN years 
  23. I don’t shampoo either. 
  24. Handwork/ needlework is something I enjoy, sewing, crocheting, cross-stitching, embroidering, quilting. 
  25. I normally have more than one craft project going at one time. 
  26. My husband is not perfect, but he’s perfect for me.
  27. I’m not perfect either.
  28. I’m short, but I’m taller than my mom
  29. Flowerbeds should be grown so your can bring the blossoms inside.
  30. Forty’s style clothes and hair should come back
  31. Forty’s music too, especially the Andrew’s sisters
  32. My sister Erni Rae takes the best pictures
  33. And my sister Liv makes me jealous of her writings.
  34. Si Guy will always be my favorite brother, he’s a great inventor.
  35. If I didn’t believe God has a specific will for each person I would have gone to culinary school.
  36. Playing violin is better with sisters
  37. “Lovely” is a word I use often
  38. My dream would be to have a farm with lots of acreage, flowers, animals, and children. A old farmhouse and large garden are also part of that dream.
  39. The only word that comes to mind when I think of Gilbert Blythe is dashing.
  40. I just finished watching Anne of Avonlea
  41. Baking and cooking of some of my favorite things and yes, I tend to stray from the recipe and not measure.
  42. My mom is my next closest friend outside of my hubsband
  43. I sometimes wish I could be closer to her, but God has led us apart
  44. My Dad has the greatest sense of humor, the goofiest ways of flirting with Mom, and the best advice.
  45. I love my small church and am so glad God led us here.
  46. Creating name brand like snack foods at home is my hobby
  47. Along with home made bathroom products and laundry products
  48. Toilet paper is life’s biggest rip off.
  49. Southern Plate is the best cookbook
  50. There are many plants in my house
  51. Monkey is my cat
  52. I wasn’t a cat person until Monkey showed up the size of my hand outside our house.
  53. I’d like to try a wringer washing machine
  54. People act like I have a library when they see my books.
  55. I’m not a chip person, except for tortilla chips and salsa
  56. Mexican food is my favorite
  57. I think we must have Mexican roots.
  58. I play the piano but I was never taught anything.
  59. A blanket is a necessity on the back of the couch
  60. I never drank coffee until my boyfriend (now husband) started praying I’d drink coffee. I like it iced now and coffee ice cream
  61. I was naïve and thought that all girls now how to cook after they graduate from high school. I found out different when I went to college
  62. Girls should know how to cook, clean, and wash by the time they graduate.
  63. I would love to teach a teen girls Sunday School class
  64. I can sing alto, soprano, and tenor
  65. Musicals are my favorite movies, especially Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney.
  66. The Waltons are great
  67. Knitting is on my list of things to learn
  68. Families sound better singing together than singing with other people.
  69. My Mom created a love for puzzles in my since I was little, but I don’t put them together to frame
  70. Judges is one of my favorite books of the Bible
  71. Music is a must, especially for long road trips
  72. One day I will make an apron like on Sarah, Plain and Tall to add to my collection.
  73. Aprons are meant to be worn, and the older the better, the more character.
  74. Candles are a must, apple cinnamon spice is my favorite, it smells so homey
  75. I coupon, but not extremely.
  76. Walks in the woods are great with others, but better by yourself
  77. Vacations should be taken by every family, you’ll build memories that last forever.
  78. We rent a house on a farm that has a zebra
  79. I have friends all over the world
  80. One of my favorite tv channels growing up was food network
  81. I don’t have a dryer
  82. I don’t watch scary movies and I don’t think believers should, they go against Philippians 4:8
  83. Rain on the roof is one of my favorite sounds
  84. Lightning is meant to be watched from a covered porch
  85. Porch swings should be on every house
  86. I don’t have much faith in the medical field
  87. Red hair is my favorite but my hubsband doesn’t seem to think I’d look good with it.
  88. Letters received in the mail are 100 times better than any e-mail, voicemail or text
  89. I still listen to Adventures in Odyssey
  90. I was home schooled all grades except for Kindergarten, and I plan to home school my kids
  91. Science was one of my favorite subjects in school.
  92. I drive a jeep with a lift kit
  93. Modesty is so important.
  94. Some people love surprises, I’m not one of them.
  95. Old mason jars are the best for storing things 
  96. My first date with my boyfriend was to the sprint car races.
  97. I like old graveyards.
  98. Mountains are better than the beach
  99. I hope I pick up the southern drawl soon, I’ll have to hang out more with the Hutchins.
  100. Always remember: God’s will is a journey, not a destination.

6 comments:

  1. I miss you so much! Oh, and I had no idea that Judges was one of your favorite books too! I love you to the moon and back forever

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you did this!I miss you so much!!!!!I am so glad that I have you as my oldest sister!You mean the world to me!I love you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alana, here's a comment to #46: Mwhahaha. You still need to make homemade Nutella and post it on your blog and tell me how it tasted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're really starting to get that thar Southern drawl o' arn. #99.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just “randomly” found you and this post, five years later, because I, too, follow Carole Shull on Insta. Guess what? I, too, have super curly unbrushable hair and drive a Jeep with a lift kit! Isn’t God just the sweetest to give us kindred spirits along our journey?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!