Friday, August 9, 2013

My Undeserved Blessing

 The Lord is good to us. I am a bargain hunter, and I am specific.
Despite all the wedding gifts we received, a blender wasn't one of them. 
Well I really wanted a blender, but I wanted something specific. 
I looked every time I went to the thrift store. 
I even had my friend keep an eye out, in case she came across one.
To my shame, 
 I didn't think to pray about it.
It wasn't something I needed,
just wanted.

My God knew that. 
And despite my failure to pray about it,
He met that want.

My Sister and Father -in-Love had bought a blender
to try to make some things for my Mother-in-love to drink.
But they forgot,
 they already had a blender in the basement on a shelf.
Before we were married my Mother-in-love
asked if I wanted a blender and I said sure. 
But we didn't do it then. 
I thought she forgot,
 and I wasn't going to ask for it, in case
she needed it. 

Well,
The Lord gave me that blender a few years later.
I had no idea what it was, 
I just knew she said she had a blender.


This Blender was hardly every used. 
And it had a bonus.

You see, 
 I had wanted a blender with a glass jar,
 instead of the plastic. 
I know it wasn't a major thing,
 just something I wanted. 
Well,
 my new blender came with a glass jar.

But it also came with this wonderful contraption
called a blend and go cup.
Amazing!
I can make a smoothie,
 right in the cup and it had a lid and straw to go with it.
And it's minimal clean up.
So some times God meets those wants too,
 because we know He always meets out needs. 
I'm thankful for a God who care about my specific 
wants, despite my failures to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!