Saturday, August 17, 2013

Reminders of a Place Called Home


It’s beautiful today.

If I close my eyes I can pretend.
Pretend I’m in another state,
In another time.
The sun is shining,
warming my body,


But the breeze is gently touching my skin,

Cooling my body.
It’s almost cool enough for a light sweater,
And I would have long sleeves on if I was on a ride.


My Colorado.
What is it about that place that bewitches me?



I lived there such a short time but no other place

Calls me back to it like it does.
What is it that makes me long for there?

There were hard times there,

Unsettling times.
But yet I still long.
I can still smell the smells.
I can’t describe them to you but if you were there,
You would never forget.


I think maybe there is always someplace we long for,

A place that reminds us of home.
I hope so desperately heaven is a little like Colorado.
I know,
heaven will be more beautiful.
And I can’t wait to see heaven,
And once we’re there we’ll never long for any other place.


But my mind remembers back,
My eyes fill with tears,
My heart aches.
I miss those times.
I love the times I’m in now,
Being married to my man,
Serving the Lord far from family.
But that’s it.
Family.


That’s what I miss about Colorado.

It was there I learned to make your family
The best friends you have.

We spent so much time together there,

Because all we had was each other.
I had no friend my age there,

But I had family
and a vast wilderness to explore together.
The temperature today brought back memories,

And I hope one day my children will have such memories.

 

Maybe they’ll long

for a place we’ve once called home.

3 comments:

  1. I know just what you feel like. I miss it there so much and the times we had. You posted this and I cried. Someday we'll have to have a family vacation and take our new families there with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right.I did cry.Two times I read it and cried both times.I miss those days,when we were all together.I long to go back!one day I will take my children there to show them all the old places!!!!
    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read this post again and cried again. I miss that place called home! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!