Thursday, August 22, 2013

Mouthwatering Experiment

Ok. Don't lick the screen. 
If it's anything like mine it hasn't been wiped in a while.
I was looking at my Christy Jordan cookbook the other day 
and saw a recipe for donuts. 
So I thought I would try them.
Who doesn't love warm,
 sugary donuts.
And they only took me 20 minutes to make.
want to impress someone,
Make these donuts. 
Super easy.
 
Start with a can of biscuits.
Open them. 
Haha Just had to say that.
Put 1/2 inch of oil in a cast iron pan,
I used my number 5, I think,
and heat it for 5 minutes on medium heat.
next cut your holes.
She said to use a soda bottle lid,
but I didn't have one.
So I used a little medicine cup, that comes on liquid medicine.
Don't throw the middles away,
it's donut holes!

 Next plop them in the hot oil and turn when they are golden brown.



 Place them on a paper towel lined plate.
Once they are all fried, or before if you were hungry like me.
...and impatient for a taste.
 

Melt half a stick of margerine.

And stir together about 3/4 cup of sugar and 1 tablespoon or so of cinnamon.
Can you tell I don't measure?
Dip the donuts in butter and then the sugary goodness.

 And this is what you get.
Glorious Breakfast.
Don't worry, 
I ate some yogurt too.

3 comments:

  1. That's just like the Eskimo Donuts from up here. Except I use bread dough and the shape is a little different. They are at EVERY community event and people will pay $2 for one donut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my familys made donuts this way for years! they are so good.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!