Thursday, September 5, 2013

My Humblest Appologies!

Until I was talking to my friend the other day on Skype, I had completely forgotten that I promised this post. I am sorry to those who were awaiting it.

Yes, 
 I have clean hair,
 But I don't shampoo or brush
and haven't in seven years.
I don't comb either,
 though my sister does when she uses conditioner.
My mom and sister have
changed their routine too. 
They just didn't openly admit it.

Anyway...
These are my hair friends

No Don't put them together,
 that would cause a chemical reaction.
 Though I did think about it.
With my luck it would bleach my hair or something. 


I also used some of this yesterday.
I use this for everything. 
I actually use a teeny tiny bit every morning
as a moisturizer for my face.
I'm excited, I have a book to read
all about the benefits of coconut oil.
Anyway...
Back to the subject at hand.


Sometimes I also use this if I am in a hurry.
It's castile soap,
It's a vegetable derived oil soap.
It really doesn't suds a lot.


So this is my routine.
On the days I need to wash my hair
 I use an old 8oz. travel cup(themos-type) with the pop top lid.
One tablespoon Baking soda and one cup warm/hot water. 
Well... actually I just shake some in the cup and add water. 
I close the lid, 
give it a good shake to dissolve
After I've rinse my hair well in the shower,
I pour the baking soda water over my scalp and down the back.
Scratch my head a bit.
And Rinse well.
You should notice a difference in the feeling.
When you pour it on it's slimy,
after it's rinsed right, it should be hard to run your fingers through.
Squeaky clean.

Recently, 
I've also cut out conditioner.
I've been using apple cider vinegar instead.
Some people don't like the smell, but I promise it goes away once it's dry.
I mix 2 Tablespoons vinegar
with I cup warm water. 
Or eye ball it again.
After cleaning the hair
dump on the vinegar rinse. 
I let it on a couple of minutes.
Beware: Don't get it in your eyes!
 Then rinse well with warm water.
I used to rinse with cold water
it seals the hair shaft, but it's freezing!

This is what I use to help my curl definition.
Not both. Only one. 
If I want less hold I use the mouse, 
stronger hold the gel.



On day two I spray with lavender water I make.
And this spray stuff I found at Walmart.
Spray water, spray stuff,
scrunch and go.

Most of my ideas came from this book:


It was recently updated and expanded.
 That's why I have two, plus 
I've loaned it out a good bit too. 
If you can find it,
 have a read. 
Even if you don't have curly hair this may help you. 
The vinegar rinse isn't for curly hair,
 it's for any hair type. 

Again, I hope this helps you.
oh...
I just forgot,
I never use a towel to dry my hair. 
The loops of the towel will cause your
 hair to frizz. 
I always dry my hair with an old T shirt. 
Just be sire to hang it well to dry 
or it will smell musty.

 

2 comments:

  1. WHAT DO YOU MEAN I DON'T ADMIT TO IT!? Maybe I'll just post about my hair routine....

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah i wish it worked for me too! I tried the baking soda and vinegar for a few days but my hair was so frizzy and unmanageable. my hair is a little thick (but its been very thinned lol) but i think that might be why it gets frizzy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!