Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Fair Happenings

 SO we went to the State Fair the other day. It was so much fun, even though it was cloudy and chilly. We did the old Fogey thing, looking and the displays. Thanks Mom for taking to the fair to see the real stuff the fair's about. Not the rides and food.

 Honey Bees
 I thought it was so cool to see a pineapple plant there.
 A Pitcher plant, I always remember this from taking science in School. 
I always liked the carnivorous plant section.
 The gardens there were beautiful, the picture doesn't do it justice.

 I thought of my sisters with the vintage milk bottles. 
I love the sayings on them.

 The York Fair should do this with their quilts. 
They move the racks back and forth to show them off.
 This cake was beautiful, so simple,
But elegant.

 Working man got a cake making lesson on fondant.



This little tiny owl was so cool.
His name was Otis.
 Definitely Working Man's favorite part, 
the blacksmith shop. We looked for it all day.
He got to talk to one of the Smithys.
And I forgot to take a picture but the guy gave us
a tiny snake he made after we watched from start to finish.
 There was a grist mill,
 and you could get a free Hush Puppy,
But the line was huge.
 And of course people got in the way.

It was really fun to go to a state fair, even if we weren't impressed 
with the food. We should have paid the money and got a blooming onion. 
Maybe next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!