Friday, November 8, 2013

Lessons of Shared Candy Bar

I like candy.

I really like chocolate.

The darker the better.

I was just thinking, maybe we should start training women not to be lured away by strangers waving dark chocolate candy bars. You know like we tell kids not to ever take anything from a stranger. Okay... back to what I was saying.

So the other day I ran into Target to grab a few grocery things sicne I was out that way. And when I was in the checkout, I saw one of my favorite candy bars (that I have a hard time finding) and it was on CLEARANCE. Don't you just love that word? So I grabbed one.

I finished my running and went home. I set the candy bar on the table and got busy doing other things.Maybe I was just building up the excitement of eating that thing, I'm not sure. Well, Working Man came home and I had his coffee made.

I just realized your mind is jumping to a conclusion, it makes me laugh. I didn't try to write it so that you would think what you thinking right now... He ate Her Dark Chocolate Candy Bar!

Sorry, he didn't. Well, sort of. I decided to eat my chocolate before I started supper. But as I peeled back that wrapper, I thought about how much my husband likes candy with coffee. But I knew he wouldn't appreciate that candy like I would, to him it's just a candy bar. To me it was a rare, special treat and I would savor each and every bite of goodness. (Kinda like Christmas tree cakes. Ha Ha!)

As I sat there enjoying the first bite, I was thinking on how glad I was to have a husband. I have friends who are still waiting for God to bring their man into their life. I could just eat that candy myself or I could share it with my husband whom I love dearly. So right then I decided that I would save half of the dark chocolate, vanilla nouget, caramel candy bar for my man. I'm glad I have someone to share my candy bar with.

My life with.

My ups and downs with.

My love of the Lord with.

So that's my lesson from a shared candy bar.

If I can figure out how to change things, any posts on marriage or wifely things will have this label or link.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!