Wifey Lessons
Wife Lessons
I've been reading the book, The Power of a Praying Wife. I'm ashamed to say that I've had it for a couple of years but haven't read it. I don't even remember where I picked it up, I see it everywhere at the thrift stores. I've been trying to go through my books and reread some of them(or read them for the first time) so if they aren't as good as I remember I can get rid of them. Does anyone else feel like their bookshelves and movie cabinets are exploding and there is never enough room? This is why I am working on thinning out.
Anyway... back to my book. I wish I had read it sooner and I'm glad I am finally reading. I am so thankful for my husband,truly, but I think I take for granted the prayer needed to make him a great man, and my responsiblilty. So I though I would share some things I've learned so far.
It's easier to pray for your children than your husband because you have authority over your children but your husband is the authority over you. We need to lay down our lives, as wives, in prayer for our husbands. Our prayers have a greater impact/effect on our man than anyone elses, including his mom's prayers.There is much at stake if we don't pray, only one side of our marriage will be cared for and strengthened. It gives us a oneness the enemy hates and will try to weaken. If your relationship with your husband isnt' what it was or should be check your prayer life/time for him. You can't help loving and caring for someone the more you pray for them. When you feel a change is needed in your man, get on your knees and ask for a change in YOU.Prayer is the ultimate love language, we enter the presence of God in prayer and He fills us with His Spirit of Love. Let your husband be the head of the home, you get to be the heart of the home.If your man does something that dissapoints you (A result of our high expectations), stop seething and remember his good qualities and the things he does for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!