Sorry for this long overdue post on the festivities in our house. It’s been a different feeling this year, it makes a difference being farther away from family during the Christmas season. Making cookies isn’t the same without siblings to decorate and laugh with. Working man did help me ice some of the cookies, though I must say he doesn’t care if they’re pretty, just so long as they taste good with coffee!
We ended up buying our tree at Home depot (a tree in a bag!), because it was pouring the rain. One upside was that they had carts full of trimmings for FREE! Woohoo!
So I made a wreath for the door, and one for the landlord, and enough for another.
I bent a wire hanger into a circle and went at it.
I added some trimmings from the trees in our front yard on the wreath for the landlord.
I had lots of fun piping the icing on the gingerbread cookies. And My husband liked eating the remaining icing.
I forgot to take a picture of the Christy Jordan cookies before I put them away. They do taste good though, It’s another winning recipe Liv.
I’ve been working on the mantle and I love how it turned out. I took pictures of it lit up because I think they are prettier. I was going for a rustic, Country look.
Then, the main attraction, the tree. I was starting to wonder if we were going to get one. But that too long a story to put on here.
I chose to “skirt” the base with burlap I had, since I don’t have a tree skirt. And yes I have the presents under there now. I broke the Christmas eve tradition.
And Finally I can reveal what has taken me days to finish.
I couldn’t decide on what I wanted to do at first.
Then I saw what I wanted to do and worked on it off and on.
Drum Roll Please!
The greenery helps finish out the look in the Kitchen. I picked up a couple rolls of it last year after Christmas for a couple cents.
The bathroom was done first. I used the trimmings of my black poster board and practiced on these before starting on the big chalk drawing.
Thanks for swinging by today.
And may you and yours have a Very Merry Christmas,
centered around the Eternal Christ of Christmas.
Wow the chalk art looks great! Now I want to try it...
ReplyDeleteLOVE the decorations! You did a great job on the chalk art, and the mantle is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the chalk art and your mantle too! So cozy!
ReplyDelete