Thursday, December 5, 2013

Occupying Our Hands and Time

We’ve been busy lately. Thanksgiving was a full house here, beds in every room(o.k. except the bathroom). My Husband finished his table in time for the Big Day! Yay! 100_4165

Each piece was careful put together.

Osage Orange wood caps for the feet.

100_4167

And a wedge of the same for the legs.

100_4164

A stretcher board for my short legs.

And plenty of room for chairs all the way around.

100_4163

All made out of walnut and a lot of love.

It’s beautiful and perfect to me.

It’s a kitchen table you can linger around,

Play games on,

build memories with,

and I guess eat lots of food on.

That occupied a lot of Working Man’s time.

I’ve been busy digging out my Christmas decorations,

and researching ideas for my mantel on Pinterest.

100_4170

Christmas cards are still in the making:

100_4174100_4176100_4178100_4179

And I’m planning on doing a chalk drawing,

on my newly made Chalkboard, Kinda…

100_4171

I had bought the big frame at a yard sale

a couple years ago for one Dollar.

I’d seen all these neat chalk drawings and wanted to try,

but I didn’t have a chalk board.

100_4173

I though about buying chalk paint but didn’t want to paint

on the glass in case I decided to do something else with it.

I discovered that you can chalk on black poster board

and I made sure that you can clean it off the poster board.

If you use a lightly damped paper towel it will come right off.

I think I may have also wiped it with a dry towel after.

I grabbed a sheet of poster board on Monday and

cut it to size, which didn’t leave much left over.

So my “chalkboard” cost all of 2 dollars.

Yes!!!

Anyway, I’ve posted long enough.

I’ll try to post my Decorated Christmas house soon,

after I finish decorating.

3 comments:

  1. The table is beautiful! Good job, Working Man!

    Good luck on your Christmas projects... the mantel and cards look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I really like your table! I am so jealous! Tell Matt great job! What are you going to put on your chalk drawing?
    Love you guys!
    Liv

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw your mantel pins on pinterest,I am sure whatever you use to decorate with it will look great!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!