This week Working Man had a specific need: steel toe boots. After coming home from work the other day limping because a machine had mashed his foot, he realized he had to get a pair of steel toe boots. (Don’t worry, nothing was broken, and it isn’t even really bruised. I looked it up in my book, and doctored him up real good!)
Well, yesterday he only worked a few hours due to rain, and decided to stop at this store he likes to look in every once in a while. He thought they might have boots, so he looked where the shoes normally are and didn’t find anything, but then noticed another rack of shoes in a different part. Long story short, they had a pair of steel toe boots, in his size(amazing in its self), and for a great price. It was like the Lord put them there. He was excited when he walked in the door at home, and I was excited too.
But I was excited doubly, because along with his story of how God met the need, he also thought of me and grabbed me an vanilla iced coffee as a surprise. And he told me even if he hadn’t found the boots he was still going to swing in and grab me a coffee. Isn’t he just the sweetest thing?
These pictures of my Amaryllis that bloomed. Both stems are blooming now, but the petals are dying on the first one. So it isn’t as pretty. But I snapped these before the second stem was blooming.
As for everything else going on…I’ve been working on crochet projects. I had some extra yarn so I decided to make my goofy cat a small rug to lay on. You see, there’s a bin by the window in our room. She won’t sleep on in unless there’s a skirt laying on it or something. I had a sheet all folded up but it was desperately in need of a washing, how aggravating to have to wash a double sized top sheet because 1/25 of it is dirty.So I decided to make something that wouldn’t take up 1/2 my washer when it needed washed. Plus I wanted to try out a new pattern in my crochet book.
It’s called an eyelet Chevron pattern. I really like it and once I got the hang of it,restarting it 3 times, I could do it without thinking. It only took about 4 days to finish it and that’s because I only worked a little here and there.
And as you can see the Fat Lard likes it too. Don’t be offended, Fat Lard is a term of endearment. I like lard, especially in my biscuits!
So then I was on a roll. I thought I’d try something I had pinned on pinterest. It’s a crocheted star. I did one in about an hour, despite the computer shutting off and loosing my saved page. From which point I went from memory, or made it up!
It was fun, but I think it’s too big. It’s about 5 inches tall. My hook was too big for what it called for and I think my yarn was too stiff. I have this brown crochet string I think would be amazing, but I need a smaller hook, like a lace hook. You can make a star garland out of it. That would be cool, but it’s on hold until I find a smaller hook.
Well, I better go, I’ve got some quilting to work on at my friend’s house, we are getting closer and closer to getting done. That make me happy and sad all at the same time. Hmmm… Projects number Two?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!