Thursday, March 6, 2014

Photo Album View of My Life Lately

We’ve been doing a little bit of everything lately. Walking,cutting wood, burning wood to keep from freezing, enjoying the 70 degree weather, then back to burning wood. I’ve been teaching violin lessons, crafting (crocheting mostly), photographing (obviously from this post!), cleaning (I scrubbed my white cabinets the other day), cooking (new recipes, new ingredients, like the beans below), Washing, reading (a lot, the cold makes we just want to curl up on the couch in front of the fire and read the hours away, so far this year I’ve read almost 20 books). The follow are some of the above mentioned photographs.

These first few I took a while back, the clouds were amazing the one night and the lighting was great.So I snapped a few.

IMG_0186

IMG_0190

IMG_0195

 

 

 

 

IMG_0192

Ok. Only a few more. I love the shadowing on the black and white. I haven’t edited any of these, it’s all natural coloring and lighting.

IMG_0198

IMG_0200

These few were one of the times we went back to cut wood. I had my camera along and noticed the moon through the trees. We did wood again last night. What a great work out, even though it was freezing! Working man’s the trigger operator and I’m the “lug-er”, grunt, carrier, hauler, whatever you want to call it. Don’t get riled up, I like it, plus he does split it all back at the house.

IMG_0226

IMG_0227

IMG_0228

 

 

 

 

This is the crochet project I’m working on at the moment. thanks to Bethany making me feel bad about not finishing things, I’m working on finishing this blanket I started – ahem- over 2 years ago. Part of the problem was I couldn’t figure out what pattern I wanted to go with, I’ve got it figure out now. So I’ve been busy. If only I had four hands- then I could hold my book and crochet at the same time.

IMG_0265

Earlier this week I finally snuck some pictures of the birds that frequently visit our house. NO,not the ducks or guineas.

There’s a heron that comes every day to our pond to fish, you can see him plunge his beak into the water after stealthily moving through the water on his long legs. Maybe I should name him. He has a black mask like Zoro, but we’re too sophisticated for that. Maybe Professor something…

IMG_0267

There are also bluebird houses all over the property here so they are always flying around.  A male and a female were landing here and there outside the kitchen window.

IMG_0270

IMG_0285

Can you tell which is the male and which is the female?

 

 

I love how he was looking at me. He kept flying away and then he would come back and watch me through the window.

IMG_0276

There is something about this picture that I really like. I’m not exactly sure if it’s because it almost looks like a silhouette, or the blurred background of the pond or what.

IMG_0281

Monk was bored of it all, she kept looking at me run from one window to the other to catch the best angle. I caught her mid-yawn. She’s kinda scary.

IMG_0282

And finally these are the new beans we tried. An older couple at church gave us some of these dried beans they grew. They are called Anasazi Beans.

IMG_0288

They remind me of speckled cows or painted horses. Sorry I’ve got cowboys and ranching on the mind from a western book I’m reading. They cooked up a lot like a pinto bean, but had a little different taste. It was neat because they still stayed sorta speckled after I cooked them.

IMG_0286

Anyway, enough of my rambling thoughts. Hope you enjoyed the photo album update.

“…happy trails to you, until we meet again!”

– oops! cowboy songs.

Ha Ha!

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures!!! Awe the good days of hauling wood. Ok so I totally don't miss it but it is a good work out! I tried to split the wood but I could barely lift the ax! Haha! So I was the hauler/stacker. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!