I mentioned in another post that I was working on curtains for the church, so I decided to snap some pictures as I go. The following are what the curtains used to look like.
I worked on un-atttaching the gold tassels. I’m not sure that will happen with those. Anyone want a new skirt?
No, really. I might save them to put on some other project.
And here is what the curtain looked like without the tassels. There were 5 curtains like this and I used 3 of them to make a valance. The skinny end was 12 inches, so I trimmed it straight across, then turned it inside out and sewed it shut.
The other day at the thrift store I found this really cute plaid material in the dollar bin. So I bought it, not really for any specific purpose, until I got home and realized it matched the navy material. After measuring it, I found it was over 3yds. That was a deal! So I cut out two panels for each window.
After a good ironing, I tried them out in my too big kitchen window. I think they turned out really cute. Oh, they are for the nursery by the way. I decided to use the old curtains for as many rooms as possible. The old panels will be used for the basement windows with some lace, the navy valance and plaid bottoms for the nursery, and more navy and plaid for the Sunday School room. I haven’t started those yet, my goal is to have all the curtains finished by this weekend.
We took a walk last night so I could scoop out some places for a possible photo shoot soon. The sun setting was beautiful and I came across these wild roses. I just loved the touch of the light pink.
The grass in my favorite field is high and I think it will make for some great photos. I’m not sure if you can see it or not but there is a full moon on the left hand side.
One of the curious duckies
The moon was gorgeous!
And the animal was having fun in the yard. (we are waiting for the grass to be cut)
The weathers been hot, hot, hot and humid, but the green beans and cucumbers love it, they’ve jumped out of the ground. I’ll wait til next time to take pictures of that stuff.
I still think navy blue and gold is the way to go; but plaid does run a tight second.
ReplyDeleteDean just got himself a nice black eye (not from me). Won't that look nice for the photo shoot and in the directory!!!
Fun catching up on your news and isnt it fun finding bargains and being creative@ Mrs C
ReplyDelete