Happy Late Fourth of July! I finally decided to post come photos from the Fourth of July Picnic we went to. We ate, of course, and played lots of volleyball. I was trying out my live action picture taking skills.
You gotta Love Daniel’s expression.
Then once it got dark, we worked on sparkler shots.
Thanks to a friend who sent me a pin and told me I should do this, I decided to enlist my partner in camera work to read the post too so we both could do it.
I thought she figured out how to change the settings on our cameras.
I didn’t find out until it was dark and sparklers were being lit.
Frantically I rushed in the house, where the light was, and browsed Scanned through the how-to-work-your-camera book.
And thankfully I figured it out and it only took a little adjusting to get it JUST right.
I only put a few pictures because Erni and Hannah both posted some.
I love the illumination of this one.
Let me just point out that they all were attempting to make five point stars.
Only some were successful.
And this was the best of all!
Doesn’t it just make your American heart proud?
Absolutely a blast to shoot these pictures, and I can’t wait to think of something else to write next year. Hmm…
My latest project that has been consuming my time because it is so addicting: a lighter quilt for my bed.
You know: lighter colors, cooler in the summer…
Thanks to my friends rotary cutter (you know I’m starting to feel like it’s mine and you borrow it from me,because I always seem to be using it) cutting pieces goes so much faster.
One day I’m going to get one of these. Hint Hint.
These were my “petals” for my dresden plate pattern. I chose 12 petals per block, and my blocks are 15”.
This is the almost finished block, the center isn’t sewn on because I may be using a blue material that is for the sashing.
But at this point I am IN LOVE with the colors and how it is turning out!
These are my five fabrics. And I have to say that I am a bit of a fabric horder, because if I see fabric somewhere at a thrift store for cheap, I’ll grab it for later. Thus the reason my fabric bin exploded years ago.
These two fabrics were my inspiration. I bought this vintage material last year, because it was so lovely and you can’t buy material that feels and looks this amazing. I was contemplating making aprons out of them, but decided a quilt would last much longer than an apron.
I also have to point out that so far I have only spent $9.00 for everything so far. That includes all 30 white 15” blocks!
And these are just two departing shots of the pond the morning after Independence Day. Everything was so still and the light was so golden.
Don’t you just love golden light that you can feel? It feels like you are wrapped in it. That’s one of my favorite things.
Great job on the sparkler pics...love the fabrics for your new quilt!
ReplyDeleteI must say you take the best "no people" pictures! It now makes me hesitate to say, "Why take a picture if no one is in it?" :)
ReplyDeleteI love sharing the rotary cutter...makes trips to one another's house necessary! LOL
I think the blue from the sashing is going to make an already beautiful quilt block, fabulous! Cant wait to see it together!