Saturday, September 27, 2014

…To the Ocean

I said I would work on the vacation post and I didn’t realize how many more pictures I had. So instead of writing a really long post, or writing many more posts, I decided to post some of the ocean pictures.

See we decided to split our vacation time between the mountains and the ocean. We only stayed one night at the coast, but that was enough sand for me. I do live the sounds and the water but the sand in everything gets old, very quick.

We thought of going to the aquarium but we had been to another one and didn’t feel like paying the fee to get in. 

So Thursday morning we left from our house and got to the coast a little after lunch time, after stopping at a few places on the way. We seem to brake for antique stores.

IMG_1609

IMG_1612

The ocean was a beautiful green that day, seagreen.

If only a camera could truly catch the actual colors.

IMG_1615

IMG_1639

Instead of the aquarium we packed up our things and headed to the Wright Brother’s Memorial.

I had been there a long time ago, before you had to pay to get in. We did hear a lecture though by lady park ranger, who made things interesting I thought (minus the self confidence segment).

IMG_1640

After hearing the lecture, we headed from the museum up to the monument.

IMG_1645

It was rather windy and you can see why they chose to fly from there, though when they flew there was not grass to land on, only sand.

IMG_1648

We didn’t linger at the top long, because the wind and my skirt weren’t getting along. So for the sake of all that is modest, I snapped a few pictures and descended the hill.

IMG_1649

I thought this was a neat shot.

Imagine the faith it must have took to try a flying machine, when so many others had attempted to fly and perished in the process. Trecking into the unknown.

Hmm… sounds a lot like the Christian life sometimes.

Following God into the unknown,

Trusting Him when we can’t see the end result.

And you know what?

He Never. Lets. Us. Down.

IMG_1606

So our vacation we a lot of fun and I do plan on posting the other pictures: looking for the Parks graveyard near the old home place, Appomattox Courthouse, and such. 

1 comment:

  1. For those of ya'll that may not have ever been there, the replica was a million some-odd dollar rig, built specifically for the 100th anniversary in '03; but unfortunantely they had the same kind of weather as the first flight, only this time they weren't that desperate to fly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!