Anyone else used to love those Snoopy books?
ie: Happiness is a warm blanket?
Well I thought I’d catch up with my own happiness post, full of random happenings lately in my life.So here is my happinesses (our new word from Mrs. Webb)
…A big old golden cake o’ cornbread,
And a bowl of raw onion to chomp on. It’s ok, you can be grossed out. I got all kinds of slack about it in college too. Real Southern people though know a cake o white cornbread (baked in a cast iron pan) and onions are a wonderful thing. Honestly I don’t’ remember what I made with the cornbread, all I can remember is that the corn bread was out of this world.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
…An opportune time with a visitor.
One my way frantically to the post office with mail that had to go out THAT day, I noticed this about 1/4 mile from our house:
Any guesses?
It was a bald eagle. Thankfully he hung out while I ran to the PO, ran home to grab my camera (because I don’t’ take my camera to the PO), and ran back out to do the photo shoot with Old Baldy.
I do apologize that it wasn’t closer, but this was already pulled in the whole way with my big lens.
I whistled at him to see if I could get him to fly:
They are quite majestic and in reality, huge, even though he was far away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
…A last minute photo shoot opportunity
Two mornings last week right before lunch our landlord was having a gathering here at the farm and we were told we could come if we wanted to. Working Man, was, well, working. But the second morning I went out for a little.
Step back in time with me.
(oh, I just love stepping back in time!)
The gathering was for members of the Ford model A club.
They came from all over the south, and met here, in my front yard. I am going to edit some and do a whole post on them, but this will have to suffice.
That Tuesday morning there were about 35 cars there here rather.
This truck was one of favorites!
And this one reminds me of…well wait! What does it remind you of?
A farewell shot.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
…Hanging out with the best family in the world.
Even if it made for a sad couple of day.
No I will not cry…
Fail.
I have the best siblings in the world, hands down.
Sorry, nobody else can compare.
They are so good for me.
The music,
the laughs,
The memories, forever impressed upon my mind.
It was so good to be all together again, even though there wasn’t much time for visiting.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
…A new handiwork project.
Yes, a new quilt. But we had a good old fashioned quilt piecing and for the most part we put a small lap quilt together in about 3 1/2hrs.
It’s now in the frame and partially quilted
My sister says all I do it quilt.
It’s not true,
But I do like to sew,
or chalk,
or make stuff.
So that’s what’s been going on here.
And like My Sista said on her blog, look out because we are doing a blog challenge. But I think mine will be the hardest because I don’t have internet at home. Just sayin…
The Waltons. Rumble seats, oooga horns, fold-out windshields, manual wipers. The good old days.
ReplyDelete