Sunday, October 19, 2014

Day 17 {17 Things I’m Thankful for}

 

~one~

Family.

I could have been born to someone who never knew Christ, and what a sad home life I may have had. My family is and will always be close to my heart, no matter what distance we are apart.

~two~

My Bible.

I love my Bible, it has my markings, I know where a book is without thinking about it, and most times can just open to the book. You ever tried to use someone else’s? Just not the same. My Bible’s my daily roadmap in this adventurous life.

~three~

A home in Heaven.

I’m so thankful I have a great future,

eternity with the King of Kings, my Father.

~four~

A Great God Who has Promised to meet

 Every One of My Needs.

He is so good to me. Every day I am loaded with benefits. That verse always conjures up pictures in my mind of a Dump truck mounded with God’s blessings Dumping right on me.

~five~

Patch the Pirate.

What a profound impact they have made upon my life,

with each character building story and songs to reinforce (and memorize). I have different memories of each one and every Christmas when we got new ones was just great.

~six~

Seasons.

I can’t say I have a favorite. I love things about each.

Spring- the new growth of everything, can you even describe that color of green? Warm breezes

Summer- lightning bugs, swimming, camp

Fall- changing leaves, cozy sweaters, hot drinks, crackling fires

Winter- CHRISTMAS, pure snow, Knee socks, hot chocolate

~seven~

My Church.

I am so thankful for the small church that we are a part of. There have been trials, but God is still good.And the fellowship with these people is better than anything I’ve ever had. Friendship has no age limits.

~eight~

Music.

Whether I’m playing violin or piano,

or playing the radio or my phone. There are songs that have been a balm for my soul in different stages of my life.

~nine~

Hubsband.

Yes, I spell it that way for a reason. This man of God, from God, to me. Oh how I love Him! And how I love to keep house for him.

~ten~

Communication.

Whether text, call, handwritten letter, or face to face chat.

Hearing from loved ones, whether friends or family, always lifts the heart.

~eleven~

Parents.

Both mine and my husbands, and friends who are parents. I am so thankful for parents who believe in godly training, who invested in my life so I could become a girl who wants to please God. I am so thankful for parents who teach their children to respect other and others property.

~twelve~

Little pleasures.

Snowy days with hot chocolate and fire.

Rainy days, which mean old movie days and cozy blankets. Front porch swings, quilting frame, dark chocolate, hot chai, iced coffee, biscuits and gravy…Little things that mean so much.

~thirteen~

Old Thing.

Because old, abandoned,once cherished things, all have true character.One of a kind-ness.

~fourteen~

Heritage.

I have a goodly heritage.

Parents, grandparents.So many who have set an example to follow. We have traits that are like each other, things I have learned from them, about them, but more about this in a coming post.

~fifteen~

Sewing Machine.

My sister says we sew so that we have something to do, because we don’t have children yet. But I told her I really do like to sew and create. Make something from nothing.

~sixteen~

Memory

Have you ever marveled at how God created us to have a way to remember? He could have made us to have experiences but no way to recall them. I am so thankful for a memory,to remember the good times, and the hard times.

~seventeen~

A Friend by My Side.

He is ever so faithful. With me every step of the way.Waits for me when I wander from the trail. Stands with arms outstretched when I need His comfort. Speaks with a strong voice of correction, for my benefit. This friend,

my Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!