Well, I am grown up now,
and there were many things I thought I wanted to be:
Teacher,
Missionary,
Paleontologist,
(that’s basically somebody who uncovers and studies fossils),
That only lasted for a little while,
it was cool while I studied it in science.
But really I would say the thing deep down in my heart,
from as long as I can remember,
that I always wanted to be when I grew up
was a housewife and a Mom.
Part of it God allowed to come true,
but the other part hasn’t,
nor do I know if it ever will.
(But that is a long, hard post for some other time).
But God is Good and He is Enough.
Anna, this last comment causes my heart to go out to you. I have felt concern for a while now but didn't know if it was something you wanted to talk about, but since you wrote about it, I feel a little bit of liberty to offer any help I can be. I know you both have so much to offer as parents, so I'm praying that in His time it will be possible. Try to be patient and in the meantime, if you need to talk, I'll be glad to listen. Maybe Kelly F. would be another good one to talk to. She suffered a hard time in this area as well. We're praying with you!
ReplyDeleteLori