Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day12{Favorite Tradition}

Hmm…

It doesn’t seem like we have a ton of traditions, but we do.

Ooh!

I think I just thought of the one I wanted to do.

I could talk about the tradition of cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning. Or Christmas Eve walks in the woods(HAHA! What happened to that one!?)

Or of family vacations(that’s a tradition, right?),

Or Hunting for the perfect tree to cut down and decorate.

But I thought of one better.

The tradition of a big cooked breakfast on Saturday mornings.

I remember as a teenager helping mom at the house one the hill get a big breakfast together. Turning the radio in the loft on to listen to while we cooked and ate.

Biscuits, sausage, gravy, fried potatos, eggs.

Oh, I think I’m getting hungry.

This cooking, this tradition of southern food.

It’s been passed down from one generation

to another and to me.

This tradition of apron clad cooks,

creating good food to fill loved one’s hungry appetites.

Traditions…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!