Wednesday, January 14, 2015

I’ve Been Busy With…

Life.

Simply put.

It’s been cold here, Last week it was so cold the pond was frozen for a couple of days. The ducks surrounded the perimeter as if waiting for the ice to break so they could jump in.

IMG_3267

Lots of handiwork has been worked on lately. I didn’t take pictures of it all.

I did embroider two quilts, sewed a button on my winter coat, made a pair of cullottes with a friend, a new bulletin board for church,

IMG_3271

the cat slept on…

IMG_3272

Made a card with chicken for my grandma’s birthday,

IMG_3275

I made a new camera strap for my camera with some leftover vintage fabric from my hoards stash of fabric. It took about 15 minutes to make!

IMG_3282

I put D hoops at the ends, now I just have to find the right latches to hook it to my camera.

IMG_3281

Oh, that same day I made a white infinity scarf with fabric I had and decided to make cloth napkins with the rest of the material. I just haven’t had time to actually make them yet. I also worked the other day on mapping out a quilt for my friend. She picked the pattern and I laid it out on graph paper. I crocheted a scarf in there some where too.

This morning I tried a new smoothie recipe: I call it my Popeye Smoothie. As you can tell it had spinach in it. I put banana, spinach, chia seeds, kefir, and leftover pineapple juice(from supper last night) in it. I’m not crazy about pineapple, so it was a little much.

IMG_3277

Last night I tried a recipe for General Tso’s chicken (the pineapple juice was in the sauce). It was really good, and it would have been quicker to make except I had to fry 2 batches of chicken. We had egg rolls with it. Yumm!!!

Like I said it’s been freezing here. We woke up to freezing rain this morning. If you look close you can let the pine tree on the left is icy.

IMG_3278

The deck was icy,

IMG_3279

The shed roof was icy, but the bird didn’t seem to mind, he was chirping away.

IMG_3280

Lessons were canceled today because of the roads, and Working man only worked a little late this morning. So it’s been a fire and movie day, except we are running out to get on the internet for a bit. Well, I better stop for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!