Hmm… I was kindly reminded by members of my family that I haven’t posted in a month.
I knew that. But in all honesty, like I told my sister, I haven’t been on the internet with my computer in a month except for ordering her birthday present, trying to order something from Staples, and sending an e-mail for Working Man. This month was really busy! I knew it was going to be because we had a lot going on at church. So I’ll try to recap what I have been doing.
|| Projects||
I had an order of cullottes to make, so this is what the kitchen table looked like for about 2 weeks:
Adjusting patterns, buying fabric, cutting, pinning, sewing, measuring, hoping they would fit.
Don’t worry I did clear the end and feed my husband every night. Oh the dream of having a craft(extra bedroom) room one day, so when I am done for the day I can close the door and not see my stuff out!
I worked on many other things but sorry to say I didn’t take pictures of those. I think I made close to 2 dozen cards this month.
|| Church Functions ||
We had Revival beginning the first of February to the sixth. Brother Terry Danford came with his family to preach for us and it was a blessing. Strong convicting messages were preached and many decisions made.
We presented three quilts in the last month.
Two lap reading quilts to show our appreciation to our two Pastor’s wives that have greatly helped us over this past year with the trials of loosing our pastor.
And then just this past Sunday, we had the sending service for the Francis Family, who just this morning left to head to Taiwan. I have to say that their quilt, from the time we picked and bought fabric, to the time it was out of the quilting frame and bound, was finished in 6 WEEKS! And two of those weeks we really didn’t quilt because it was over Christmas. Mrs. Francis was so surprised that we had surprised her. And she couldn’t figure when we had done it.
But back to other functions…
Umm…the sweetheart banquet took up a good bit of my time prior to the actual banquet. I was involved with the planning and decorating. We went with a winter lodge/cabin theme.
My goal was to turn the fellowship hall into a cabin. We were going for the Wow factor when people walked in.
I think we did pretty good. We didn’t have any overhead lights on. Just lamps and candles and the fireplace. (Some of these pictures were taken the day we set up, thus the lighting is different)
Ok. Then right after the sweetheart banquet we had the Francis’ Send off party that we wanted to decorate a little for. I am ashamed to say those that I didn’t think to take my camera when we set up so I don’t have many pictures, because you can’t take good pictures with 50 people mingling in the fellowship hall. We aimed for the Map/ Adventure theme.
Amy and I made cupcakes with cute toppers.
Bethany did the chalk drawing. I thought the spin on “I love you to the moon and back” was a cute idea.
We borrowed globes, printed missionary sayings and framed them, made string globes, cut table runners from old maps, bunting from an old atlas, and spent a total of $7.50. And that was for the yellow tablecloths. Melinda and I love a challenge, her mom just says we are frugal, we like playing with other people’s castoffs. Haha!
And in all that we had snowy weather, actually it is snowing today again. But things seem to be slowing down now,at least for the moment. I’ll try to post again soon, and not get so far behind.
You could go into party planning/decorating proffessionaly! It all looks so beautiful!
ReplyDelete