Tuesday, March 24, 2015

New Adventures Coming Soon!

Sorry again that it has been so long since my last post. When I started compiling my thoughts and pictures for this post I realized that I hadn’t posted the pictures from our BIG snowstorm. We got a total of 6.5”. Working Man was home for a couple of days going stir crazy so I put him to work building me a bird feeder. The birds were glad he built one too!

IMG_3493

I just love a good snow that sticks all over everything.

IMG_3496

IMG_3501

The birds were all over the bird feeder. And Monkey spent hours watching the birds out the kitchen window.

IMG_3513

Working Man occupied himself building a snowman before breakfast. I thought he was going to build a normal snowman, not a Philistine Snowman! It was gigantic!

IMG_3518

I’ve been busy with more sewing projects.

I’m almost embarrassed to show you the picture of my rack in the corner of my kitchen. I hated looking at all that visual clutter everyday.For months I have been wanting to sew a slipcover for it.

IMG_3529

My sister gave me these linen chair slipcovers she didn’t want anymore from a skirt sewing project. I had two to work with.

IMG_3530

With no instruction, and only a visual picture in my head I managed to come up with this:

IMG_3532

I love how it turned out and no more visual junk clutter.

Project two was a liner for a galvanized bucket I wanted to use in the living room to hold the handiwork I work on while watching something. The bucket had a few rusty spots and was bent a little.

IMG_3535

Again with no patterns and only a good guess I measured the diameter of the bucket on the bottom and the top, the depth, and the circumference. Who knew all those basic math skills would come in handy?!

IMG_3533

I didn’t have enough of one type of canvas-y material so I used a different one for the bottom.

IMG_3536

It turned out pretty well, should have made it a tad bigger, but I’m happy.

IMG_3539

Project three is almost done. I ran out of bias tape. Ok,brief rabbit trail… bias tape is one of those things that I wish I had found out about a long time ago. Best.Thing. Ever. Ok…

IMG_3541

This is an apron that I cut out using one of my vintage aprons as a pattern. I cut it out 3 years ago and am finally getting back to it. I picked up the rest of the bias tape the other day.

IMG_3542

And then my parents came this past weekend and brought my quilting frame that they picked up at an antique for me.

IMG_3700

It’s roughly about 3 feet deep and then the length of a quilt.

The next picture was just to illustrate how the quilt would go in. I’m excited to get a new quilt pieced and in the frame!

IMG_3703

I did a photo shoot with Erin last week too and I will post those soon. This week I have another senior photo shoot and decorating for the international banquet for our Missions Conference this week. It’s crazy around here! And the beautiful makes me want to go out side and garden, or at least read a book outside! Anyway, I’m off to research decoration ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!