Friday, April 3, 2015

Quick Update

For the past two days I have been:

“Keeper of the chickens”…

IMG_3972

IMG_3980

IMG_3976

(Breakfast anyone?)

IMG_3970

IMG_3977

(How About now?)

IMG_3986

…and also “Caretaker of the Dog”.

IMG_3990

IMG_3987

She really misses her family, and like most dogs with vacationing owners, she hasn’t eaten much.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

I made these chai latte muffins the other day. They smelled great while they were baking and then being transported to the quilting that afternoon. But I think the recipe needs tweaked a little. The Greek yogurt makes them sorta chewy and not soft like a muffin, plus they only had agave in them for sweetener, but they were kinda bland.

IMG_3969

I did shoot a few pictures though with them sitting on my newest cloth napkins made from some of my vintage fabric stash.

IMG_3967

I made this pork carnitas recipe last night and they were really good. the recipe was fairly easy too, you just have to basically prep stuff at lunch time. Then in goes into your oven in a Dutch oven for 3 1/2hrs and fills your house with the most amazing smells. Too bad Working Man has been having to work late. The smell had worn off by the time he got home, since the meat was done and all I  had to do was reheat it. Yumm…

Look for some new changes around here, I feel in the mood for a Spring cleaning of my blog. If only I would get in the mood to Spring Clean my kitchen. Does anyone else hate the thought of pulling everything out of all the cabinets and cleaning them out? I know I will feel better when it is done though…

Projects are waiting for attention too…Graduation presents to finish, dresses to make for a Super Great Vintage Photo shoot soon and the Premier of a New Adventure!

Until I post again…

Young Housewife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!