The other day during Morning Service at church the Lord really pointed out
some very basic things to me.
(I get a lot of ideas for writing or Bible study during church
and most times it has nothing to do with the preaching,
normally just something to do with the Scripture read)
This is kind of a very elementary concept,
but I think we take it for granted.
Commitment
Love is a choice, a commitment.
Not a feeling.
Commitment says: " I will meet your needs before my own.
My needs mean very little,
and I am willing to push them to the back corner."
It wasn't the commitment to marriage that the Lord spoke to about.
But we can all benefit from the reminder
of others first, self last.
It was this:
"That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith;
that ye, being rooted and grounded in love;
May be able to comprehend with all saints
what is the breadth, and length,
and depth, and height;
And to know the love of Christ,
Which passeth knowledge,
that ye might be filled with all the
fullness of God."
Eph. 3:17-19
The love, the commitment of Christ to me.
I am part of the bride of Christ. I entered
into a commitment with the Lord
upon salvation.
I have to work on my commitment to Him
every day.
We all do.
But Christ.
He is true commitment,
true love.
His true example is this:
"I will meet your needs,
even when you are at your most unlovely.
When you sadden me,
I will love you.
When you anger me,
I will chasten and
show you my love.
Even if you leave me,
forsake my arms,
my protection,
my direction,
I will love you.
Whether you ever return to me
or not,
I will always love you."
Because He is committed.
Committed to me.
And nothing, NOTHING
I can do will every make Him love me more.
He already loves me to the fullest.
Doesn't that just choke you up?
He loves me so much,
despite my life,
my choices,
my attitude to Him.
Oh how unworthy am I!

Thank you! This was a great blessing to me!
ReplyDelete