Thursday, September 24, 2015

My Daily Companions

I thought I would share with you my latest photo shoot. These guys took a long time to cooperate. They weren't sure what to think of me laying on the ground.


 I just happened to get off the phone with Working Man on his lunch break and noticed the amazing sky, so I ran in the house, threw the phone down, grabbed my camera off the piano, and raced out the door. These donkeys belong to our landlady, they have been in the fields behind the house lately, and daily I can look out there and see them grazing on the pasture grass.
After patiently sitting in the grace,
and enduring the ants and mite-type bugs
crawling up my legs,
these guys came a little closer.

I've photographed Rozzy the zebra a few times,
well, because no one else has a zebra in their back yard.

But the sweet, even tempered donkeys haven't gotten much attention.
And no, there are no pregnant ones,
just well grazed ones!



This guy was hilarious,
just walked up with the grass still sticking
out of his mouth.

I've been busy around here, enjoying the cooler weather while I can. I even had my quilt frame outside yesterday. I was hoping to talk on the phone and quilt on the phone at the same time. But it was a little to breezy though to have my sister-in-law on speaker phone.
The yellow yarn I mentioned in this post, has now started to become a fall cowl, I am using a pattern that looks like it's knit. It's really fast and I really like the look of the weave. I may be able to finish it today.

And my wooden bowl always sitting in the living rook holds this piece of cross stitching I work on  off and on. It's the last in a set of five English cottage patterns that I had picked up at a yard sale.

Other than those things, I've been busy with other things, and next weekend we are headed to Pennsylvania for the Steam-o-rama and a Davis family reunion. I feel like this post is very scattered, I really haven't had much brainstorming/writing inspiration time lately. I do have pictures to post but they aren't ready yet. Maybe soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!