Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Water Challenge Update

I meant to have this ready to post yesterday but delightfully spent the day with my sister and my grandma instead. I posted the Water Challenge last Monday. And I thought I would give an update on how it is going for me.
I have managed to drink my quota of water every day except for one, I was about 6oz short and didn't really feel like chugging all that water right before I went to bed.
Here's what I've found helps me:
  • Big Glasses
            I have found that using a bigger drinking glass, it doesn't seem so overwhelming. My     
             favorites are empty salsa jars. The two I have right now each hold 20oz. so I only need four
             of those a day. So much easier than 6-7 regular drinking glasses. I felt like I was constantly
             filling my cup.
  • Fill Up Right Away
             When I first get up I am not a person who loves to drink water right away in the morning. But
               the problem is by the time I finish my tea and get around to pouring my water it's 10:30 or
               later. I just get busy with  my day and forget about it. Not helpful when you are trying to
              drink so much water. So I decided that when I am getting my tea ready in the morning I fill
              up my glass at the same time. I'm much more likely to take a swig every time I walk through
              the kitchen if it's sitting there ready for me.
  • Flavor Helps
             Sometimes I get tired of just water, water, water. Last summer I started looking up recipes for
              fruit waters. It's a way to get a little flavor in your water by way of fruit and/or herbs. I found
              I like lemon and the herb lemon balm the best. I have a pot of lemon balm growing in my
              house and I'll pull a leaf or two and throw it in my glass with a slice of lemon and just
              continually fill up my glass. I tried other fruits (strawberries, blueberries, and even
              cucumber) but I really didn't care for them

Next week I'll share how I make Red Raspberry/Green Tea sweetened with Stevia which counts as part of your water content for the day. Sorry, you can't use it for all your water, just one glass a day.
Keep Drinking that water!
http://www.psalm1830.blogspot.com/2016/02/whos-up-for-challenge-challenge-that.html
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to comment. Your words mean so much to me!