Google says a podcast is:
"a digital audio file made available on the internet for downloading
to a computer or portable media player, typically available as a
series, new installments of which can be received by subscribers automatically"
Basically a podcast is an audio file you can listen to on the computer or your cell phone. I'm a big fan of listening to things while I am an working around the house, whether it's music, books on cd, radio dramas, sermons, or now, podcasts. What I listen to podcasts on?
I use a samsung phone so I went to my google playstore and typed in podcast. I picked the app I thought would work the best (FYI- I use Podcast App by Evolve Podcasts), downloaded it and then began to search for podcasters.
Today I thought I would share some of my favorite podcasters and the episodes that I really love.
Five Favorite Podcasts
These are all based on what I've been enjoying lately, and in all honesty it all depends on what people are talking about that month.
1. Revive Our Hearts By Nancy Demoss Wolgemuth
You may know her as the best selling author of Lies Women Believe ,which is an excellent book. I've heard this program on our local Christian radio station but I was so excited to find the episodes on the podcast so i can look at them when I have time, not at 2pm every afternoon. She really knows the Word of God and loves Him, but my biggest disclaimer is that she quotes from numerous Bible versions other than the KJV. I sometimes think she was raised more conservative because of different things she mentions.
Lately I've been taking time listening to her podcast series from back in February on God's Beautiful Design for Women. There are 48 episodes. She's teaching the series from the Book of Titus, particularly from Titus 2:3-5? Apparently she just wrote a new book called Adorned: Living out the Beauty of the Gospel Together. I've learned several things from the seven days I've listened to so far.
2. Set Apart Girl By Leslie Ludy
Leslie Ludy is also an author and speaker but the books I have read of hers are not my favorites. She also uses other Bible versions, so be aware of that.
Her podcasts are typically aimed at young women and encouraging them to pursue feminity and a deep relationship with Christ. There are a few episodes that I have listen to lately though and really enjoyed.
- Set Apartness in Social Media (How to honor Christ in your social media)
- Physical Beauty- What's Our Role (How to Steward our bodies and cultivate a beautiful heart)
- How to Make Prayer a Priority (How to make prayer an essential part of your day)
3. The Healthy Moms Podcast by Katie -Wellness Mama
Disclaimer - I do not believe the author is a Christian, and talks sometimes refer to evolution and primal man. I Do Not believe in these things. But There is a wealth of herbal medicine information to be found in these.
Wellness Mama covers many topics such as real food, natural living, toxins, other health related discussions. I haven't listened to many episodes but there are many interesting older episodes I am planning on diving into.
I recently listened to an episode on Improving Hashimotos in as Little as Two Weeks. I don't have Hashimotos but I do have a few friends who do and I'm always up for learning the why's and how's and how to treat diseases naturally. It's a almost hours worth of a ton of information!
4. The Busy Mom by Heidi St. John
Yes, this is particularly to moms but there's always information in these shows for everyone especially if the Word of God is involved. Again wrong Bible used, so be aware.
The first episode I listened to of her was called What is Your Happiness Style? That intrigues you too, doesn't it? It's an interview with Jennifer Dukes Lee who wrote a book called The Happiness Dare. It basically covers personality types and how we are happiest. After listening to the episode I went to Jennifer Dukes Lee's website and took the Happiness test for Free. After hearing them explained on the show I thought I knew what Happiness Style I was and I was right! It was a fun episode and test to take.
Her recent episodes on Biblical Womanhood were really good on why the Lord made Women and His purpose for them.
5. At Home With Sally By Sally Clarkson
If you've been on my blog any time lately you've probably heard me mention this podcast or one of Sally Clarkson's books, The Lifegiving Home and Own Your Life. I just love listening to her ideas and wisdom on home and family and creating memorable life.
This podcast is usually Sally with Kristin Kill, Sally in the mountains of Colorado and Kristin in The Pacific Northwest. It's hard to actually pick favorites of this podcast because all of them are like listening to a wise older woman talk at your ladies meeting at church, or just sitting down for tea with Sally and listening to her talk about a life of serving the Lord. If I had to choose, the episodes relating to Lifegiving Home book are definitely my favorites. I love the practical advice on hospitality she gives- on making your home one that shines of Christ.

Thanks! I have been wanting to listen to more podcasts. I found a couple I loved but haven't been back to them since! I will try out a couple of these. I am especially interested in Sally Clarkson's podcast.
ReplyDelete